Samsung S6 Edge Boot Loop after screen replacement

rbroxterman

May 5, 2017
Visit site
I have a Samsung S6 Edge sm-g925v that had a cracked screen and blown digitizer. I replaced the digitizer and screen and everything seemed fine. the phone booted up started applying updates and downloading the latest firmware (The phone was sitting on the shelf for about a year). Once the firmware was downloaded it asked if I wanted to install the latest update so I did and when it restarted it went into a boot loop. I have since wiped cache and preformed a reset to default as well as flashed the it back to and older version of the firmware downloaded from sammobile. Nothing seems to work. The phone starts to boot and at right around 1 minute and 7 seconds it will restart. it is always 1 minute and 7 seconds. Any help would be great.

Shree Kumar

May 9, 2017
Visit site
@rbroxterman
Did you figure out what the problem is? I am facing exactly the same issue. Replaced screen and digitizer and a reboot loop every 1 minute and 7 seconds. I tried the standard techniques - Cache partition wipe, Factory reset etc but this seems like a hardware triggered reboot. Have to trade in the phone soon and I don't know if the phone will be accepted for trade-in in the current condition :(

Damilola Abioye

Jun 9, 2017
Visit site
Re: Samsung S6 Edge Boot Loop after yscreen repltracement

I have a Samsung S6 Edge sm-g925v that had a cracked screen and blown digitizer. I replaced the digitizer and screen and everything seemed fine. the phone booted up started applying updates and downloading the latest firmware (The phone was sitting on the shelf for about a year). Once the firmware was downloaded it asked if I wanted to install the latest update so I did and when it restarted it went into a boot loop. I have since wiped cache and preformed a reset to default as well as flashed the it back to and older version of the firmware downloaded from sammobile. Nothing seems to work. The phone starts to boot and at right around 1 minute and 7 seconds it will restart. it is always 1 minute and 7 seconds. Any help would be great.

The boot loop issue also happened to my galaxy S6 edge, after trying all possible avaliable solution, I later realized the battery needs replacement.
Try to evaluate your battery strength, battery replacement might be just all you need

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair