Wireless charging issues

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
I just got a wireless charging stand for my s6 edge, and while the edge will not fast charge, it will standard charge on it. And the stand is very practical for texting, you tubing, etc while charging.However , when I do that,the phone actually LOSES charge.

Also, there are times where it will reach a percentage, and just stay there while still supplying a charge. Like it will get to 97% and just sit there for hours "wireless charging: about 15 minutes till full. Then when it DOES get to 100%, the light does not go green and it continues displaying the charging bolt in the battery. So I'm afraid to leave it on overnight for fear that it will overcharge and damage my phone. Any solutions to this issue, anyone experience anything similar?

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
It won't overcharge, there are safeguards in place and the phone will stop charging when full... I leave mine on every night and have been since the first mobile phone days and never had a problem.

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
It won't overcharge, there are safeguards in place and the phone will stop charging when full... I leave mine on every night and have been since the first mobile phone days and never had a problem.

That's the problem, it normally hits a wall at around 97% and still provides a charge current. Like it sits at 97% for two hours and then I take it off because I don't want it overhrsting. But I can take it and plug to the cable and it will finish it and get it to 100%

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
5wi0xy.jpg

Actually to 98% here after what seemed like an eternity. But even though it says 13 minutes till charged, I can look an hour later, and it will STILL be on that, and may actually even lose charge and say 96%, 28mins until fully charged. And this is with it directly into a wall outlet, not through a surge protector or anything like that, and as you can see, that's with the phone powered off. If it was on, it would likely be dropping right now sure enough. I left a message for Samsung support, and they haven't replied and I left that message 3 days ago....... I bet if I popped it straight into the micro USB cable it would finish the charge and top the battery to full..... maybe wireless charging just isn't quite there yet. Frustrating because of the $60 shelled out only for it to do this.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Yes, they are a little fussy when it comes to chargers.. Some of mine won't charge with some chargers or charge slowly like yours. The wall unit can't supply the amps perhaps... Try plugging a different charger into the pad...?

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
Yes, they are a little fussy when it comes to chargers.. Some of mine won't charge with some chargers or charge slowly like yours. The wall unit can't supply the amps perhaps... Try plugging a different charger into the pad...?

Might try that, but Samsung says not to use anything other than a fast adaptive charger from them, or else it runs the risk of damaging the device. It just dropped 3% as well, and I wasn't even doing anything. Maybe the pad is faulty?

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
16jr3gm.jpg
It may show as "image has been deleted or removed" or something like that for reasons unknown, but invite does display the image, it shows that gauge battery widget app is reporting 4.178 volts. Is that sufficient input that if should at least hold a charge?

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
I decided to go and switch adapters as you said. I have the old one from when i got my s6 edge, i used it to plug in, and now the pad is charging properly. I trued the new power brick on my m8, and the m8 charged slower than usual. So maybe i got a bad brick with the stand. Ill need to make sure it holds up consistently to be sure it was indeed justba power brick issue, and not a problem with the pad. So far so good though. If i go say a week with no problems on the old samsung brick, then i will assume the new one that accompanied the stand was defective.

I_didnt_do_it

Apr 26, 2017
Visit site
So far so good after switching adapters. It will still lose a percantage or two after furst being placed on the stand, particularly after doing something like texting or web browsing. But after that it charges as supposed to. And now reaches 100% each time instead of staying at 97 for hours, so i dont have to worry about damage at least for the moment. Going to give it a few more days to make sure it keeps it up, but so far, so good.

Crazy how the old power brick that is 2 years old does a better job of supplying sufficient power to the stand than the brand new one that came with it did.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC