which baseband version of firmware to download if i wanna root my s6?

Pudden123

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
I want to flash firmware or root my phone.

My model # is SM-920F, Baseband version is G920FXXU2COH2. Android version 51.1. When I used Samsung updates site there are numerous files with the same model and baseband version. I am afraid that if I download the wrong file I could brick the phone. Which baseband version do I use from either Samsung updates or sammobile?
I am constantly having problems with my s6 after updating it. The first time it continuously restarted and I couldn't download apps etc. The second update fixed the phone. The third update was downloaded by mistake and also installed by mistake, while installing, the phone froze ans I knew that when I restart the phone it would not work properly. After this update, the phone never recovered. I factory reset the phone 4 times and it still doesn't work properly. What happens is, the phone operates normal with the apps that came with the phone eg. the email app, however if I download any app from Playstore/Samsung Store, and the app is opened, the phone freezes. The only app I use presently is whatsapp and I have to quickly send or reply to a message and then constantly restart the phone when it freezes and this is frequently.
Lastnite I saw another new update and I downloaded it thinking this might help and just my luck that while downloading it, a whatsapp message popped up and the phone froze again. When I restarted it, I didn't see it complete the download and now its asking to install. I don't think the update finished downloading and I am not gonna install the update in case it ruins the phone even more.

I bought the phone on amazon ( yes I know, big mistake), and it was an unlocked international version. How do I know which firmware to download so that I don't mess up the phone. I need an international unlocked version, 5.1.1.

Sorry for the long message, please help.
Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20