Samsung Galaxy S6 won't stop rebooting?

gurgy11

Aug 2, 2016
Visit site
I tried to install a custom ROM, but the initial boot was very long, so I tried to force shut it down by holding all buttons. However, instead of completely shutting down, and staying shutdown (so that I can boot back into recovery TWRP) it just turns back on and stays stuck on the "Samsung Galaxy S6" boot-up logo. So I tried to hold all buttons again, and it does the same thing. It doesn't reboot or stays stuck in a loop, it just simply gets stuck at the Samsung Galaxy S6 logo screen.

Is there any way that I can get into recovery mode?(TWRP)
I can get into Odin mode, if that changes anything...

Thanks! :)

waqqas31

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I tried to install a custom ROM, but the initial boot was very long, so I tried to force shut it down by holding all buttons. However, instead of completely shutting down, and staying shutdown (so that I can boot back into recovery TWRP) it just turns back on and stays stuck on the "Samsung Galaxy S6" boot-up logo. So I tried to hold all buttons again, and it does the same thing. It doesn't reboot or stays stuck in a loop, it just simply gets stuck at the Samsung Galaxy S6 logo screen.

Is there any way that I can get into recovery mode?(TWRP)
I can get into Odin mode, if that changes anything...

Thanks! :)

Actually, this happened to me when I tried to flash the Android N emoji/font pack without rooting first. The solution was to use Smart Switch to reflash the phone, then root, then flash TWRP, then flash the emoji pack.

But in terms of the endless reboot loop, I found that I can interrupt it if I (very quickly) press the Vol-Up+Home+Power keys during the split second that the screen goes blank in between reboots. I keep the 3 buttons pressed until the Galaxy logo appears, and I usually get to some form of recovery screen (stock or TWRP).

Since you can get into Download ("Odin") mode, from there do the Vol-Down+Home+Power combination to reboot the phone, but as soon as the screen goes blank, switch your thumb/finger from Vol-Down to Vol-Up as explained in the previous paragraph.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol