Wait for the Galaxy S6 or buy a Galaxy Note 4?

BigZman95

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
Basically what the title states. I have an iPhone and I'm wanting an Android, specifically a Galaxy. But I don't know whether to buy a Note 4 when they come out or wait for the Galaxy S6. I know they are pretty different, mostly because of the size, but I just wanted to hear from the community what you'd personally go with. I am a college student so I could see the Note 4 coming in handy a lot but I also love the concepts of the S6 so far. But the most important thing for me is to have the most powerful phone I can lol. But I don't mind taking a small performance hit for the features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
The note 4 will be out next month and the s6 won't be out till the spring. That would pretty much make up my mind. If you wait til the s6 then you might as well wait for evening else that year. Just get the best phone now and don't wait or else you'll always be waiting

Posted via Android Central App

Carla97220

Aug 28, 2014
Visit site
I was just about to post this question:

"Should I wait for the S6.... or wait a little longer for the Note 5?"

oh... and I'm planning to post this question around Christmas:

"Should I wait for the Note 5.... or wait a little longer for the S7?"

come to think of it, can I schedule these two questions to post automatically in late 2015?

"Should I wait for the S7.... or wait a little longer for the Note 6?"

"Should I wait for the Note 6.... or wait a little longer for the S8?"

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
The note 4 will be out next month and the s6 won't be out till the spring. That would pretty much make up my mind. If you wait til the s6 then you might as well wait for evening else that year. Just get the best phone now and don't wait or else you'll always be waiting

Yeah if you play the waiting game you are going to wait...forever. The S6 won't be out till early April 15. By that time you might as well wait for the Note 5 and so on :)

Buy the phone you like the most and don't worry about the next great thing because you'll be waiting forever. Enjoy your new Android phone with tons of customization :)

BigZman95

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
I was just about to post this question:

"Should I wait for the Note 6.... or wait a little longer for the S8?"

I think you should wait for the Note 7 personally lol.

Which one is considered the "flagship" phone? I have heard both the S series and the Note referred to as the flagship so I was curious as to which one it really is.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I think you should wait for the Note 7 personally lol.

Which one is considered the "flagship" phone? I have heard both the S series and the Note referred to as the flagship so I was curious as to which one it really is.

The S5 is considered Samsung's flagship device. However, the Note line is actually the more powerful device. Its backwards, I know but I think it has to do with the S5 being more accessible to the masses compared to the Note 4 due to the size.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

BigZman95

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
The S5 is considered Samsung's flagship device. However, the Note line is actually the more powerful device. Its backwards, I know but I think it has to do with the S5 being more accessible to the masses compared to the Note 4 due to the size.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Thanks man. I think what I might do is buy the Note 4 if I like it (I'm sure I will) but I'll do the AT&T Next 12 or Next 18 and then after either a year or a year and a half (depending on the plan) I will trade up to either the next Note or the S6, depending on what I like better or how useful I thought the Note was.

Touchpaddle

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
buy whichever phone that will make YOU happy. What other people say is totally unimportant. YOU are the one who will be using it 24/7. In the car, on the road, sitting on the toilet, on a plane, during sex, at the dinner table, in classrooms, offices, at riots, police shootings, bank robberies, bar fights, meteor streaking across the sky, bears walking on two legs, hot girl walking around with only bikini top, etc, etc, etc.....

BigZman95

Sep 4, 2014
Visit site
buy whichever phone that will make YOU happy. What other people say is totally unimportant. YOU are the one who will be using it 24/7. In the car, on the road, sitting on the toilet, on a plane, during sex, at the dinner table, in classrooms, offices, at riots, police shootings, bank robberies, bar fights, meteor streaking across the sky, bears walking on two legs, hot girl walking around with only bikini top, etc, etc, etc.....

Wow I didn't realize my life was so exciting lol.

sloan31

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
USB 3.0 has nothing to do with charging speed. It Only has faster data transfer.

I noticed the note 3 charged a lot faster, I thought it was because of the type of USB connection. I'm pleased to find out its just that they have improved charging time.

Kim G

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the Note 3 and have noticed significantly slower charging times when I have used a USB 2.0 to charge it (a Samsung 2.0 charger). Even Samsung backs this up. I wonder if "they" are having to work at getting USB 3.0 work with fast charging?

twister8008

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site

True statement. Tech well be old as soon as you walk out of the store.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12