There needs to be a Samsung Galaxy 5.5 now!

Gaurav

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, if Sammy would put the S5 specs into the body of the alpha, I would buy it right now!!!! Anyone else agree?

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorta, I need a bigger phone. Holding this just isn't comfortable anymore. Issue is I am unsure of paying retail for a phone right now (Note 4)

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Not to be a kill joy but this sub-forum is for the Samsung Galaxy S6.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, if Sammy would put the S5 specs into the body of the alpha, I would buy it right now!!!! Anyone else agree?

No. I, for one like the size of the s5. What I want is samsung to completely retool touchwiz from the ground up, like HTC did 2 years ago. They have done better, but touchwiz is still an eye sore in many cases, and the lag in certain regards is unacceptable for phones with as top of the line hardware that samsung puts in their devices. If they do that for the s6, I will be back to samsung. That is the only real gripe I have with samsung.

Jadien

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Nobody is asking for a 5.5 inch screen.... I believe the OP is being for a "Galaxy S5.5" or a mid term update to the S5 with some better hardware.

Posted via the Android Central App

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Nobody is asking for a 5.5 inch screen.... I believe the OP is being for a "Galaxy S5.5" or a mid term update to the S5 with some better hardware.

Posted via the Android Central App
Read it again. The OP said they want s5 specs in an alpha size aka same specs as the s5 in a smaller package. Nothing about a beefed up s5.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Read it again. The OP said they want s5 specs in an alpha size aka same specs as the s5 in a smaller package. Nothing about a beefed up s5.

The OP is referring more to a mid term update like Apple does with its "s" model....the title suggests this as well.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
The OP is referring more to a mid term update like Apple does with its "s" model....the title suggests this as well.

No. Read what the OP said. He wants s5 specs in an alpha sized frame. Very different than apples yearly updates..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
No. Read what the OP said. He wants s5 specs in an alpha sized frame. Very different than apples yearly updates..

Apple does a refresh of their devices prior to its yearly release. They have the 3Gs, 4s, 5s and I assume there may be a 6s. I have read what the OP wrote starting with the title. "There needs to be a Samsung galaxy 5.5 now". As in a galaxy 5 and a half not 5.5" display. The S5 does not have a 5.5" and the Alpha is 4.7" display. So anything regarding display sizes of 5.5" does not make sense. The Alpha is a well built device with lower end specs compared to the S5. That's why the OP is saying put the S5 specs into the Alpha body (metal build) and call it a 5.5. Not increase the display to 5.5".

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Apple does a refresh of their devices prior to its yearly release. They have the 3Gs, 4s, 5s and I assume there may be a 6s. I have read what the OP wrote starting with the title. "There needs to be a Samsung galaxy 5.5 now". As in a galaxy 5 and a half not 5.5" display. The S5 does not have a 5.5" and the Alpha is 4.7" display. So anything regarding display sizes of 5.5" does not make sense. The Alpha is a well built device with lower end specs compared to the S5. That's why the OP is saying put the S5 specs into the Alpha body (metal build) and call it a 5.5. Not increase the display to 5.5".

Even the s line is yearly for Apple. It goes number then s line, every other year. Not half way through the year

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63