What would be a deal breaker for you in getting the Galaxy S6?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how many people with Galaxy phones are actually swapping the battery in the middle of day or even within an year. I guess not so many. Also there is new rumor of S6 coming with built-in Qi charging capability. So if this is true, it might relieve concern for non-removable battery.

New rumors state Galaxy S6 will offer wireless charging - GSMArena.com news

But no sd card slot would be real bad. I hope they wouldn't be that silly to do that.
Qi charging is pretty slow though. I thought it would be helpful but I barely ever use it on my S5 due to that reason.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
No plans of buying it but if I would deal breakers are the same as always:

Non removable battery
No micro sd support
On screen instead of capacitive buttons
Non removable Knox

Wolvi31

Sep 5, 2014
Visit site
Not that I'll even think of getting the S6 (very happy with my S5) but if I were to consider it, the top deal breakers would be as many others have said

1) No removable battery
2) No expandable memory
3) No IP rating

But I doubt these will not be implemented, as these are some of Samsung's key advantages over other smartphones.

This sums it up for me. I need these things or I don't need Samsung.

pmr6644

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Lower battery life than the s5 would do it for me. I can handle a non removable battery if the battery itself is a good performer.

Eric Stiffler

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
If Samsung let me revert back to the original partition when I **** up as a developer and if the dis-assembly/reassembly is as easy as the S4. I haven't seen the insides of the S5 yet.

Jamikel

Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
Having not consumed the gossip of facts on what the S6 will have, or not have, I will say that ANY phone that will not allow the battery to be easily and quickly replaced is DOA with me. Several top phones over the last few years have degraded to this el-cheapo mindset, and I have always enjoyed a variety of the Samsung phones because they didn't jump on board. All batteries diminish in charge time with each charge, so by nature they are becoming less efficient, and in most cases, far more quickly than the need to upgrade technology with a newer model phone. Secondly, is the issue of convenience where a spare battery (or two) fills in nicely when those times of no charger or A/C is readily available. Thirdly, is the issue of security. There is absolutely no way to be sure, in today's world of NSA and global hackers, to guarantee your phone is not a live audio and video transmitter -- UNLESS you can disable its power supply the old fashion way. Call me paranoid, but history has proven such thinking to be accurate, and not science fiction. Lastly, on point to the question with a broader food for thought: Over the last two years especially, there has been a very well planned, well implemented and covert change in software, firmware and hardware by all the carriers, and by Google and Apple; and I am sure Microsoft too, that is aimed at collecting data consumers have no idea about. The newer phones are continually being "upgraded" to make this easier for "big brother" too, especially defaulting encryption; and defeating third-party software that helps detect and avoid such bugs in our new toys. This big brother thinking has now rippled over in a big way to automobiles. So if the providers of the equipment, from phones to cars, isn't using it to tracking your every move and develop a profile on you, then any one of a thousand private entities they've buried their licenses to allow in the fine print of "free download" language no one reads is using it. Wake up. Be very suspicious of any "new phone" or new anything, because there is a bigger price you're paying that is not as innocuous as it sounds; it will (and is) growing from mass media marketing research, to individual identification profiles on Super Computers that makes Facebook look like a high school graduation book.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I could care less if they know what I'm doing or not lol. I don't break any laws so I'm not worried. I'll trade my privacy, which never really existed, for some more features that'll make my life easier. Even if you don't have a phone that does all this stuff, the majority of people do so they'll still be able to spy on you.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Having not consumed the gossip of facts on what the S6 will have, or not have, I will say that ANY phone that will not allow the battery to be easily and quickly replaced is DOA with me. Several top phones over the last few years have degraded to this el-cheapo mindset, and I have always enjoyed a variety of the Samsung phones because they didn't jump on board. All batteries diminish in charge time with each charge, so by nature they are becoming less efficient, and in most cases, far more quickly than the need to upgrade technology with a newer model phone. Secondly, is the issue of convenience where a spare battery (or two) fills in nicely when those times of no charger or A/C is readily available. Thirdly, is the issue of security. There is absolutely no way to be sure, in today's world of NSA and global hackers, to guarantee your phone is not a live audio and video transmitter -- UNLESS you can disable its power supply the old fashion way. Call me paranoid, but history has proven such thinking to be accurate, and not science fiction. Lastly, on point to the question with a broader food for thought: Over the last two years especially, there has been a very well planned, well implemented and covert change in software, firmware and hardware by all the carriers, and by Google and Apple; and I am sure Microsoft too, that is aimed at collecting data consumers have no idea about. The newer phones are continually being "upgraded" to make this easier for "big brother" too, especially defaulting encryption; and defeating third-party software that helps detect and avoid such bugs in our new toys. This big brother thinking has now rippled over in a big way to automobiles. So if the providers of the equipment, from phones to cars, isn't using it to tracking your every move and develop a profile on you, then any one of a thousand private entities they've buried their licenses to allow in the fine print of "free download" language no one reads is using it. Wake up. Be very suspicious of any "new phone" or new anything, because there is a bigger price you're paying that is not as innocuous as it sounds; it will (and is) growing from mass media marketing research, to individual identification profiles on Super Computers that makes Facebook look like a high school graduation book.

Watching a lot of CIA movies? lol
I see your point though, but I do prefer a removable battery to a non-removable one

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site
Having not consumed the gossip of facts on what the S6 will have, or not have, I will say that ANY phone that will not allow the battery to be easily and quickly replaced is DOA with me. Several top phones over the last few years have degraded to this el-cheapo mindset, and I have always enjoyed a variety of the Samsung phones because they didn't jump on board. All batteries diminish in charge time with each charge, so by nature they are becoming less efficient, and in most cases, far more quickly than the need to upgrade technology with a newer model phone. Secondly, is the issue of convenience where a spare battery (or two) fills in nicely when those times of no charger or A/C is readily available. Thirdly, is the issue of security. There is absolutely no way to be sure, in today's world of NSA and global hackers, to guarantee your phone is not a live audio and video transmitter -- UNLESS you can disable its power supply the old fashion way. Call me paranoid, but history has proven such thinking to be accurate, and not science fiction. Lastly, on point to the question with a broader food for thought: Over the last two years especially, there has been a very well planned, well implemented and covert change in software, firmware and hardware by all the carriers, and by Google and Apple; and I am sure Microsoft too, that is aimed at collecting data consumers have no idea about. The newer phones are continually being "upgraded" to make this easier for "big brother" too, especially defaulting encryption; and defeating third-party software that helps detect and avoid such bugs in our new toys. This big brother thinking has now rippled over in a big way to automobiles. So if the providers of the equipment, from phones to cars, isn't using it to tracking your every move and develop a profile on you, then any one of a thousand private entities they've buried their licenses to allow in the fine print of "free download" language no one reads is using it.

That's why it's extremely important to root the phone and remove all the spyware and install permission apps or ROMS things like location, internet and sensor permissions are just suspect to me.

People claiming they don't care about privacy are either lying or playing right into the CIA and NSA activities.

Samsung has the chance to launch a smash hit here they won't risk that by removing some of their USP points.

If people don't care about removable batteries, sd cards and privacy stuff I'm sure the Ispy train has room for more...all Samsung needs to do is beef up the phone specs and keep the design language of the note 4.

The internet of things combined with the cloud is a huge coordinated attack on privacy wouldn't surprise me if the big cooperations are on the NSA's payroll..

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
My only possible deal breaker would probably be the camera quality. If the camera sucks, especially for night time shots, then I MIGHT stick with my Xperia Z3. I know Samsung isn't well known for night time shots, but I want to see some improvement

What are possible deal breakers for you guys?

Examples:
- Not waterproof
- No removable battery

It clear you haven't used a note 4 then it's been rated as the best cell phone camera to date and the gs6 will be even better heck Sammy cameras have been good since the gs4 do your homework

Posted via the Android Central App

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
No plans of buying it but if I would deal breakers are the same as always:

Non removable battery
No micro sd support
On screen instead of capacitive buttons
Non removable Knox

What's with the removable battery who the heck changes there battery in the middle of the day Nobody !# ok so stop it with the removable battery **** iPhone has never had it and they sale buy the millions as long as the battery is as good as my note 4 I'm good

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
What's with the removable battery who the heck changes there battery in the middle of the day Nobody !# ok so stop it with the removable battery **** iPhone has never had it and they sale buy the millions as long as the battery is as good as my note 4 I'm good

Because you don't do something doesn't mean a lot of other people don't. Removable batteries allow you, if you want, to swap in a fresh one when you want and they allow you to easily replace a battery that is wearing out and no longer able to properly maintain a charge. A great many individuals appreciate those capabilities even if you or no one you know does.

from the✒ Note Pro 12.2 📒📡

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

Then go buy an IPhone or whatever also ✋ speaking for others. A lot of people do and are loving that feature.

Also if I want my phone really it means removing the battery so the CIA and NSA won't be able to get their trojanian horses on my phone.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
It clear you haven't used a note 4 then it's been rated as the best cell phone camera to date and the gs6 will be even better heck Sammy cameras have been good since the gs4 do your homework

I never said the Note 4 camera is bad, but Samsung cameras are known not to he that good for Low light shots... I'm hoping that's fixed though

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site

I change mine out every day. My wife just did it this morning. Plenty of people do it. They even made a commercial about it because it's a selling point. So you should just speak for yourself, not everyone else.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie