Samsung indirectly confirms wireless charging on the Galaxy S6

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It's going to a metal back - at least I think so. And if a metal back is present, no wireless charging.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
It's not going to have a metallic back but glass. This way the wireless charging will work. Rumors I've been reading speculate that it will have a smaller, built in battery that offers wireless and fast charging.

Posted via the Android Central App

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It's not going to have a metallic back but glass. This way the wireless charging will work. Rumors I've been reading speculate that it will have a smaller, built in battery that offers wireless and fast charging.

Posted via the Android Central App

Thanks for the info on the back. Not much longer and we will know the true specs.

Clams1

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
00_EP-WG900_Standard_Large-691x331.jpg

This is the image from the source article. I have no idea if that's the S6 (it probably isn't), but with whatever phone, how would it work? Do you just place the phone on the base and it charges? Does the base have to be plugged into something in order to operate? Does the base hold a charge? How close to the base would the phone need to be? How long would charging take???? Thanks....

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It would work the way all wireless charging works. You place the phone on the charger, which is plugged into the wall, and it charges the phone. There are external power chargers that wireless charge too though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21