S6 Rumors So Far...

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
  1. HEAVILY debloated TouchWiz with "Nexus like feel"
  2. 16MP/5MP Rear/Front Camera with OIS It is now confirmed by Sammobile it will be 16 MP (Front)-http://www.sammobile.com/2015/02/20/the-galaxy-s6-will-have-a-16-megapixel-camera-with-sonys-imx240-sensor/
  3. Touch fingerprint scanner (like iPhone)
  4. Metal housing (which probably means non-removeable battery)
  5. Wireless charging built in
  6. Powered by their own Exynos 7420 SoC instead of the Snapdragon 810
  7. 2600mAh battery
  8. 6.9mm thin
  9. Will include some type of Samsung NFC payment system (to compete with Apple Pay)

Feel free to add to it, discuss, etc.!!

Last edited:

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
3. Is that different to what they have now? No longer a swipe down?

Yeah it's different. It's supposed to be more like Apple's implementation. A press movement rather than a swipe down movement. Good change imo because you'd naturally just push the home button and want the scanner to work then, not push the button to wake up the screen, then swipe down on the home button to unlock the device.

iPhone is one movement, push, and it unlocks. Galaxy S5 is currently two movements, which should be reduced to one with the Galaxy S6.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it's different. It's supposed to be more like Apple's implementation. A press movement rather than a swipe down movement. Good change imo because you'd naturally just push the home button and want the scanner to work then, not push the button to wake up the screen, then swipe down on the home button to unlock the device.

iPhone is one movement, push, and it unlocks. Galaxy S5 is currently two movements, which should be reduced to one with the Galaxy S6.
It's not even a push on the iPhone. You just place it there.
On the S5 it's wake, set the device in your hand so you can swipe down and then the swipe down. It's very picky about how you do it :(

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
On the S5 it's wake, set the device in your hand so you can swipe down and then the swipe down. It's very picky about how you do it :(

I only have to swipe down once with my note 4 most people never really followed the instructions all that well and then blamed the phone

Posted via the Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I only have to swipe down once with my note 4 most people never really followed the instructions all that well and then blamed the phone

I've seen the instructions, which require a vertical swipe, not sideways. So you need to do it with two hands, or repositioning the phone in your hand. Point is, it's inferior to the iPhone fingerprint scanner method

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimLP 5.0.2

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Well it sadly looks like #7 is true. Sammy WTF ARE YOU DOING!! 2600mAh battery in a 2015 flagship phone un freaking acceptable.... wow.
Alleged Galaxy S6 battery images hint at 2,600 mAh capacity again - SamMobile

Agreed. Don't see how their Exonos chip could overcome that. The real problem is that it's non-removable and hence you can't even get an extended battery on it.

My expectation is set low. The thing is, there really has not been a smartphone I have ever used that got me through a day on one charge. And I don't expect this one too either. But if your usage can get you close to one day and you were hoping for a bigger battery along with SOC improvements, I can see why you would be upset.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
But M8 had fairly strong battery life with 2600mAh and 28nm S810 chip. Also Lollipop and 14nm Exynos are thrown into S6, so I'm not too worried on battery life.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
But M8 had fairly strong battery life with 2600mAh and 28nm S810 chip. Also Lollipop and 14nm Exynos are thrown into S6, so I'm not too worried on battery life.

You are missing the point bro. 2600mAh in a 2015 flagship phone is unacceptable. They are doing it to either cut costs, or make the phone so freakn thin that it looks like a sheet of paper lol. Who gives a crap about phone thinness like cmon! I just want a 3000+mAh battery in a 2015 flagship. I am hugely disappointed in this. Plus the fact that it probably won't be removable.

I was looking forward to the S6, but now it looks like I might just keep my S5, or jump ship to the HTC M9/LG G4!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
You are missing the point bro. 2600mAh in a 2015 flagship phone is unacceptable. They are doing it to either cut costs, or make the phone so freakn thin that it looks like a sheet of paper lol. Who gives a crap about phone thinness like cmon! I just want a 3000+mAh battery in a 2015 flagship. I am hugely disappointed in this. Plus the fact that it probably won't be removable.

I was looking forward to the S6, but now it looks like I might just keep my S5, or jump ship to the HTC M9/LG G4!

The mAh count isn't the best metric to measure battery. The iPhone 6+ has a 2915 mAh battery and it still does better than almost any Android flagship. I'd say it's fair if we wait until we see real world tests before being upset with Sammy

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
The mAh count isn't the best metric to measure battery. The iPhone 6+ has a 2915 mAh battery and it still does better than almost any Android flagship. I'd say it's fair if we wait until we see real world tests before being upset with Sammy

The 2,915 mAh iPhone battery also runs on a single GB of RAM as opposed to 3 GB. The iPhone is better optimized. A 2,915 mAh battery is huge with respect to 1GB of RAM. Now, a 2,600 mAh battery powering 3 GB of RAM with apps running in the background constantly, as opposed to being frozen like on the iPhone? To me, that's small.

Last edited:

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

If the iPhone is asleep then you have to push down as well.

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I've seen the instructions, which require a vertical swipe, not sideways. So you need to do it with two hands, or repositioning the phone in your hand. Point is, it's inferior to the iPhone fingerprint scanner method

Don't follow the instructions. Do it sideways and it works great. I only need one hand to open mine. I'll still welcome the new sensor because it would be less chance for error.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez