Only downside to Galaxy S6 Edge = Lack of Cases

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
So far, only Spigen has made cases for the S6 Edge, the majority of cases are for the regular Galaxy S6....anyone seen any other cases for the Galaxy S6 Edge other than Spigen ones?

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't look like the case will help anything with the Edge. I'd have to see one in person I guess.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
If I decide to purchase the Edge, I will not cover up the design with a case. The only thing I would consider is a nice leather or neoprene pouch for it.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
If I decide to purchase the Edge, I will not cover up the design with a case. The only thing I would consider is a nice leather or neoprene pouch for it.

I was thinking the exact same thing.... if I get it that is....

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Yeah that would probably the best option for a case. I do get paranoid without a case though incase I drop my phone, which is why whichever version I get, I will certainly have a case, though likely I will get the original

atkjhi

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Curious to see what kind of screen protectors this will have. How do you cover the edge and have screen material thicker than Saran Wrap stick there.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Curious to see what kind of screen protectors this will have. How do you cover the edge and have screen material thicker than Saran Wrap stick there.
My Note Edge has the Zagg Invisible Shield and it's perfect... very happy with it.

🔋from the Note 4✒ 📒

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
My Note Edge has the Zagg Invisible Shield and it's perfect... very happy with it.

??????from the Note 4✒ ??????

So you have a plastic type screen protector? I would assume the Glass will be a no go with the curved screen.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
So you have a plastic type screen protector? I would assume the Glass will be a no go with the curved screen.

Yeah, the wet-applied TPU ones are best for curved screens. Glass is obviously too inflexible, and frankly even the thin-film PET ones are too stiff to adhere to the curved portion.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't really consider the Zagg the plastic-type but glass it is not. I have yet to see a curved glass protector. Even if someone decided to make them I'd wonder if shipping them would be challenging... if they'd have to be packed in foam or something.

from the venerable Note 3π 📱

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't really consider the Zagg the plastic-type but glass it is not. I have yet to see a curved glass protector. Even if someone decided to make them I'd wonder if shipping them would be challenging... if they'd have to be packed in foam or something.

from the venerable Note 3π ??????✒

Technically the wet-applied TPU protectors count as "plastic."

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Actually there's a plenty of case for s6 edge in amazon or eBay. You can check their website.

If Samsung could develop the dual curved screen, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss. If one of the rugged case companies can figure out how to deal with it, it may just be a wait. The Edge is a first of its kind so it's bound to slow. Samsung used to be a month behind on the Defender case for the Galaxy S3.

yaddam205

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Biggest downside is no case will fully protect the phone from drops. You can't cover up the edges, so any drop has a high chance of cracking. That's why I had to choose the standard model. I drop my phone at least once a week.

All the best,

Clumsy

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Spigen and Versus for me. And a Diztronic if they offer one but I'm sure they will. I go with Seidio for a case/holster for days I don't wear shorts.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The other potential downside is if we don't see an update that increases the functionality of the curved edge which may also bring into play a lack of apps for the Edge which may not be an issue if the GN Edge apps would work on the GS6 Edge?