Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge?

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
If anything it'd be the S6, I think the Edge version will be more vulnerable to screen damage when dropped (you can't have a protective lip around all 4 sides of the screen). Besides, it's supposedly quite a bit more expensive, and I'm not impressed with the additional features, I don't think they're worth the premium.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I have reservations about the curved glass but damn it's a sexy beast. I'll see what the price points are for each and go from there.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Just noticed something on the Edge models now that we're getting photos from the journo-samples. On the Edge models the display spills over onto the side displays, it's NOT kept completely on the flat section. I don't think I like this....

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Just noticed something on the Edge models now that we're getting photos from the journo-samples. On the Edge models the display spills over onto the side displays, it's NOT kept completely on the flat section. I don't think I like this....

Yes, that is a feature of the Edge version.

natefish

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
It is very nice, but, if the Edge costs more, I'd rather pay that extra money for more internal storage.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Depends upon rugged case availability and pricing. Haven't seen any Edge cases?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm a case guy, and that's the main worry for me with the Edge. I'm very careful with my stuff, but I'm also very paranoid (and like a good resale) so I'd have to have something. I already have some Spigen screen protectors and a case coming for the S6 that I got for $2 total, so that helps. But I like the additions on the Edge. It's probably the best looking phone, in my opinion of course, that I've ever seen - and I never thought I'd say that about a Sammy device.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the regular S6. Cheaper to maintain/fix if something goes wrong after the warranty; more choices on accessories too and cheaper.

keegh

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
While I can't see myself getting either (haven't touched Samsung since s3), if I had to pick it would probably be the edge just for its look.

Almost any phone that moves away the 100% candy bar look will at least catch my attention.

Last edited:

mayconvert

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
White Edge 64GB. Already arranged to have April 9-10 off in in case I pre-order and it gets here on the 9th or if I stand in line at Verizon on 10th. either way, I am getting it.