On the GS6. What's more of a deal breaker for you, no removable battery or no SD card?

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Exactly, things change. If people are unhappy with Samsung's decision, it makes sense for them to speak up in order to encourage additional changes to this year's lineup of phones. Staying quiet doesn't help anyone.

I have sent emails to them 3 times already. Asked them why they left their trademarks of their phone .

Don't worry, I am sending them emails.
Might get on the phone with them.
I know they will not totally know if we don't tell them.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have sent emails to them 3 times already. Asked them why they left their trademarks of their phone .

Would an S6 Active with removables satisfy you ...or suppose they decide to keep producing the S5?

from the Note Edge📱📏

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site

I am too lazy to search...do you have their email handy? Thanks

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Would an S6 Active with removables satisfy you ...or suppose they decide to keep producing the S5?

from the Note Edge📱📏
For me, release the S6 Active or "regular" S6 with those 2 key features along with the metal S6 and S6 Edge. Waiting 6 months to release the 2 key features would be a mistake, imo.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

from the Note Edge📱📏

The Active would be ok, but they could really just have a Galaxy S6 Pro, with swappable battery, SD card, water resistant, etc.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
Oh I know, but I wonder if this is part of their research. I feel like dissenters are such a small minority that its like 10 out of 1000 that are not happy with the new design. Are they really concerned with those 10 or are they satisfied pleasing the 990?

I wouldn't be surprised if Samsung monitors online forums for its products. With the Internet, you can look at all public forums in multiple countries and languages. The last time I checked, there were around 68 models of Samsung phones capable of running Kit Kat or above. Most of those phones are only available outside the US.

If I had to guess, Samsung wants everyone to have a Samsung phone. The competition is fierce in the mobile market. Leaving anyone unhappy only gives an opportunity to a competitor, and Samsung doesn't want that to happen.

Every time Samsung gets a smartphone customer, they also get their foot in the door to sell Samsung phone accessories, smart watches, televisions, Chromebooks, Windows PCs, and anything else with a Samsung label slapped on it.

When Samsung satisfies 1000 of 1000 customers, they make a lot of money.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
But Samsung still sells the S5 and Note lines. Now there's something for everyone. We have no indication that the S5 will no longer be sold. ...or do we?

from the Note Edge📱📏

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Why you trying to show me something they don't make ?

The last two generations have seen "Active" variants of the associated Galaxy S phone, typically released in June after the flagship itself. So it's a safe assumption that a Galaxy S6 Active is coming soon. Whether it has the removables or not may be a different story, I'd lean towards "not."

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
The last two generations have seen "Active" variants of the associated Galaxy S phone, typically released in June after the flagship itself. So it's a safe assumption that a Galaxy S6 Active is coming soon. Whether it has the removables or not may be a different story, I'd lean towards "not."

I don't know what a S6 ACtive is.
ARe the 1st S6 that is gonna be release the Edge only.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Re: Let's Take A Clear And Objective Look At This

Use one of the thousand existing threads for that stuff...this is also far from objective look at it it's as subjective as it gets and always fruit-fans like (which is not a compliment).
Just a quick thought. Seeing how you posted 40 minutes after a Moderator had participated in the thread I wouldn't expect someone to take a moderator like tone or rude tone in general and direct someone to look or post elsewhere ;)

Thanks for the suggestion or directions, but I think the team here has it under control.

Paul
Mod Team Leader @ AC.

Carrtman

Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

Yeah it takes a bit of search and sometimes I don't get the desired results but I think multiple threads on the same topic aren't helping either.

Anyway I think there's a difference between being objective and subjective.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site

Sorry OP, but you seem to have missed the point completely about the non removable battery. The problem isn't whether the battery will last a day or not. The problem is the battery, at some stage WILL die. At which point the phone has no resale value whatsoever, whereas before you could sell it on and put the money towards your new phone. It doesn't matter how efficient the processor is. This is going to happen. As said before in multiple threads, Samsung didn't have to sacrifice premium build with the Note 4 to keep the removable back, so there's no reason they couldn't have done the same with the S6.

Posted via the Android Central App

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: more than 73.6% of people are upset that Samsung removed the SD card slot... will this affect sa

we will know soon enough, have patience.

However, it is likely an undesirable situation even if only 10% of people end up not buying it.

Apple can get away with many things with its brand, samsung has no such luxury. Giving up its own advantage and move to other's play field may be a costly mistake. Only time will tell.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

you can open a thousands threads, it won't change anybody's mind.

Big deal? no Big deal? let sales speak.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Amen, this entitlement culture is getting annoying. Someone call a whahambulance; whiners coming out of the woodwork.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

"Entitlement"? This is a luxury but also a necessity. If someone's going to spend a bundle for a mini computer it should at least have the hardware they want/need. To me just changing the form over function is a stupid move with data costs so high. Onboard storage isn't good enough when you have to do a factory reset, especially if your phone is the only computer you have.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site

my only disagreement is the true fact that these Li batteries DO begin to noticeably lose their charge capacity after about 8-10 months. Everyone focuses this conversation around the ability to change their battery out for daily extended use, but it's not really about that. It's about being able to replace the battery every 6 months to keep up the longevity.

Absolutely huge point for me. I don't switch phones too often, they really haven't changed that much over the recent years so I tend to hold on to them longer, switching is just a giant pain for me. Very concerned about longevity also which is why I won't make a decision until the G4 comes out or at least a variant on the S6.