Samsung announces Galaxy S6 (the S is for Shameless)

bnice

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
It's sad you have to bring a imore link to an Android site knowing well enough this writer is all things Apple. Also apple copy and take many elements of design from others. Every OEM does. Good job Samsung for a nice design.

Posted via the Android Central App

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
As long as the device performs as well as hey claim, I'm a happy camper. Who cares if it looks like an Iphone?

Point is, it's not.

Scott7217

May 21, 2013
Visit site
As long as the device performs as well as hey claim, I'm a happy camper. Who cares if it looks like an Iphone?

Point is, it's not.

The patent lawyers do.

Given a choice, Samsung does not want a jury (who may not know as much about technology) to vote against them and award damages.

Furthermore, I don't think tech journalists want to write more articles about lawsuits. They can be boring.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
The patent lawyers do.

Given a choice, Samsung does not want a jury (who may not know as much about technology) to vote against them and award damages.

Furthermore, I don't think tech journalists want to write more articles about lawsuits. They can be boring.

I'm sure if they (Samsung) were really concerned about a lawsuit, they would have released a different design.

I'm sure their big wig suits (lawyers) have done their homework.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So, we can agree that Samsung losing in court is not good for the company. This is not an insignificant risk.

Why do you keep saying Samsung is going to loose a lawsuit? Who cares??? Enjoy the device if you get one and let Samsung deal with it when and IF it happens. They write off all the costs associated with a lawsuit from their taxes. Every business can do it. If they couldn't, they wouldn't be in business very long.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Wondered how long it would take for the trolls to appear. Guess we know now. Did I say that out loud?

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Rene Ritchie from iMore (Android Central's sister site) has an interesting article on the S6:

Here is the link to the article.

It makes me wonder how much a jury will award Apple in court against Samsung.

Who cares if it looks the same really, the iPhone 6 copied the HTC M8 in terms of shape and no one got sued. Lots of things looks the same, but the Galaxy S6 made it better, in terms of designs and performance. Plus iOS is boring.

williams448

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Listen, its all about website traffic, & getting viewers to to your site. While given his opinion on his respective site, he posts a link to Andrew's hands-on post. Think about how many additional people viewed Andrew's post that otherwise wouldn't have. They all work for Mobile Nations, & have the same goals; to give their opinions to their respective followers, and to make money.

Posted via the Android Central App

maduro78

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Why do you keep saying Samsung is going to loose a lawsuit? Who cares??? Enjoy the device if you get one and let Samsung deal with it when and IF it happens. They write off all the costs associated with a lawsuit from their taxes. Every business can do it. If they couldn't, they wouldn't be in business very long.
Agreed. Samsung and apples litigations are of no interest to me I only care about the final product. People IMO get way too vested in these corporations affairs. Fanboys are a whole different issue I won't touch on but people get way too into this stuff as if they were their favorite sports team. Other than quarterly sales and new products being released I have no interest.

Moto X 2014

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
They are just upset because the iPhone is ugly. Seriously, it is one of the ugliest devices I have ever seen.

My bud at work waited and waited for the iPhone6 to come out and I showed him the leaks of it... I was like, "you're waiting for this?"

The S6 (really the Edge) is a good looking device. Yeah the bottom of it looks like an iPhone6, but the rest of the phone is just miles better looking than the iPhone6. In fact, the last great iPhone design was the 4/4s IMO..... maybe that is why I like the design of the S6 (Edge) so much.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I can totally see someone walking into a phone store, looking at the bottom edge of both phones, and buying the wrong one out of confusion. This will happen exactly zero times.

Does anyone buy a phone based on how the bottom edge looks?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I can totally see someone walking into a phone store, looking at the bottom edge of both phones, and buying the wrong one out of confusion. This will happen exactly zero times.

Does anyone buy a phone based on how the bottom edge looks?

If they do, we have more to worry about.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12