S6 Edge Front Facing Screen Width?

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I hope I can convey this correctly. Doesn't it appear that do to the curved edges on both sides, the front facing view will be narrower than the S6 itself?
In other words, when I am looking directly at it and not viewing either side, is it going to look like a more narrow screen?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The sides of the screen slope away. This is different from the Note Edge, where the screen was flat and there was an additional angled strip. On the S6 Edge, there is no extra screen (which is why the ticker only works when the screen is off). Since the sides do slope away, there is some distortion on the edges.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
The phone is 1mm thinner in width due to the curved edge. This also makes it .2 mm deeper. I know that's not what you're asking and I do understand the question, but I'm having a hard time putting it into words, but the answer to your question is yes, but very very negligible. Most of that 1mm loss of width is in the bezel.

However, the screen is the same size and you will see the same amount of content.

This is a good comparison: Samsung Galaxy S6 (and GS6 edge) vs. iPhone 6

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the link and answering my question. I am anxious to get my hands on both. I am hoping the Edge isn't ridiculously more expensive.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez