Samsung Galaxy S6 How replaceable is the battery?

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
My biggest concern with the non-removable battery isn't day to day use - for me I can replace that functionality with an external charger (I understand that isn't the case for everyone). I'm concerned about battery degradation. On iPhone it's not a huge deal - they aren't difficult or expensive to replace. Will that be the case with the S6 and edge?

Posted via Android Central App

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Re: How replaceable is the battery?

The manual for the S6 provides information on how to change the battery. How easy it is depends on your skill and comfort level in undertaking such an activity. However, you can take it to an authorized repair shop to have it done.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

I don't think anyone really knows yet. iFixit is pretty good about giving teardown videos and reviews of the teardown of devices, but they have to get their hands on one first. They probably won't get it until official release date.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

I don't see how it would be any different from iPhone. Samy service center will provide the service, likely cheaper than Apple charges.

Third party services will probably be there too.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I don't see how it would be any different from iPhone. Samy service center will provide the service, likely cheaper than Apple charges.

Third party services will probably be there too.

Props to anyone who wants to try it. I personally have three options. Repair via third party. Replace if under warranty. File a claim with insurance. Assuming that you don't get a bad battery, you will probably have replaced or upgraded to another phone by then.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Seeing the camera completely unattached makes me nauseous

I am willing to admit that I don't have the expertise to do this myself. Given what is involved in the process, are you truly going to have an out of the box device especially reselling the compartments to factory specs.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

You have to heat up the back glass to loosen the adhesive. Remove the glass. And i believe there is 13 screws to remove. Then you are at the battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

You have to heat up the back glass to loosen the adhesive. Remove the glass. And i believe there is 13 screws to remove. Then you are at the battery.

Posted via the Android Central App

Got some spare adhesive? What about resulting fatigue to the aluminum frame?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22