Galaxy S6 Active won't be as good as regular S6, but may include a MicroSD Slot

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
No fingerprint scanner, no heart rate, less good camera, possible MicroSD Cars slot....what do you guys think?? Is it worth the wait if this is true?
_________
Galaxy S6 Active could feature microSD card slot - SamMobile
"We’ve gotten our hands on some new evidence that seems to indicate Samsung still cares about its old-school customers who’ve never abandoned the company (even in its “plastic is fantastic” days). Reddit member garshol met with a Samsung representative earlier this week to find out about what to expect from the Galaxy S6 Active. Garshol states he was told by the rep that the Galaxy S6 Active will feature specs that are “similar to the S6” but “no fingerprint reader and pulse reader.” As for the differences, we could see a “less good camera, may come with OIS,” “buttons on the front,” and, surprisingly, an “SD card reader.”"

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Too many compromises to pick it up over the regular S6 for me.

I'd rather the fingerprint scanner and better camera over SD card.

Yup same here, after I heard that the fingerprint scanner and camera would be lessened, not really that worth it to me for the SD Card, especially since camera is one of the most important features for me. If anything, I'll just get a waterproof case.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
you forgot to mention the 3500 mAh battery ... BT that and an SD slot, I'd give up the fingerprint/heart rate. So long as the camera isn't a dramatic downgrade it's certainly worth considering

Posted via the Android Central App

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
It's odd they say camera would be less good. S5 active had exactly the same spec as S5 last year except loss of fingerprint sensor.

If its battery is 3500mAh, comes with micro SD slot and camera is similar, I think it will appeal to a lot of people even without fingerprint, heart rate sensors.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
No fingerprint scanner, no heart rate, less good camera, possible MicroSD Cars slot....what do you guys think?? Is it worth the wait if this is true?
_________
Galaxy S6 Active could feature microSD card slot - SamMobile
"We’ve gotten our hands on some new evidence that seems to indicate Samsung still cares about its old-school customers who’ve never abandoned the company (even in its “plastic is fantastic” days). Reddit member garshol met with a Samsung representative earlier this week to find out about what to expect from the Galaxy S6 Active. Garshol states he was told by the rep that the Galaxy S6 Active will feature specs that are “similar to the S6” but “no fingerprint reader and pulse reader.” As for the differences, we could see a “less good camera, may come with OIS,” “buttons on the front,” and, surprisingly, an “SD card reader.”"

Wouldn't losing the fingerprint scanner also make SamsungPay not work? Or will it be able to work in a PIN-only mode?

Still an interesting choice, except for the part where the Active is usually AT&T only, and I'd rather be shot dead, drawn, quartered, hanged, trampled, defibrillated, revived and then beheaded before getting service with AT&T again (they require a device be active on their network for a couple months before providing an unlock code for it, even if you pay retail for it).

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Wouldn't losing the fingerprint scanner also make SamsungPay not work? Or will it be able to work in a PIN-only mode?

Still an interesting choice, except for the part where the Active is usually AT&T only, and I'd rather be shot dead, drawn, quartered, hanged, trampled, defibrillated, revived and then beheaded before getting service with AT&T again (they require a device be active on their network for a couple months before providing an unlock code for it, even if you pay retail for it).

Thats a good question, I'm sure you would be able to use a pin for it as well. I don't think they would only allow fingerprint unlock to use Samsung Pay when there are other unlock methods available.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
It's actually something Samsung anticipated in announcing the Active. Each of the GS6 variants appeals to different preferences and expectations. Judging from the furor over the micro SD, the swappable battery and IP67 ratings, it is a good move.

Personally, I am totally stoked by the sharp departures in premium design materials and waited a long time this change. The improved functionality and performance is also something that finally give us reasons to look behind us in strafing of envying other devices. I was one of the sd card crowd but not the battery as I have never seen a battery swapped. IMO, the days of the excluded features are not long for this world.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21