Samsung Galaxy S6 Carrier Branding with Glass Back?

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Well they just posted this article: Galaxy S6 and S6 edge go up for pre-order in the U.S. March 27, on sale April 10 | Android Central
And i noticed that for the first time we see the words "Galaxy S6" and "Galaxy S6 edge" printed on the back.

Which made me think about what carriers will be doing for branding. Are they just going to have to suck it up and not put anything on the phone? I feel like Samsung won't allow them to put their logo on the phone beneath the glass since that would require changes during manufacturing.

Not that i care since any case i get will cover it up, but i feel like on some level, carriers are cursing.

They never put branding on iPhones with glass back and i'm not sure if that's because of Apple, or if it just wasn't possible because of the glass back.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Carrier Branding with Glass Back?

They will all have their branding on them in the US.
Looking at Verizon's S6 page you can see their branding on the back of the phones already.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Here is AT&T's, very minimal which I like...I prefer nothing there but its not as bad as Verizon

Screen Shot 2015-03-26 at 3.34.29 PM.png

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

They will all have their branding on them in the US.
Looking at Verizon's S6 page you can see their branding on the back of the phones already.

T-Mobile one doesn't have any branding from T-Mobile. Andrew has one and has pictures on his articles that show no branding.

asanatheist

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site

T-Mobile one doesn't have any branding from T-Mobile. Andrew has one and has pictures on his articles that show no branding.

My Samsung Note 4 also came brandless. Could only tell it was T-mobile because of restarting the phone. Very cool.

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Here is AT&T's, very minimal which I like...I prefer nothing there but its not as bad as Verizon

View attachment 168252

I went into the AT&T store this afternoon and figured I'd ask if they had the devices in. They did!! Not on display yet, but the gal had them in the back and let me play with both of them. I can confirm the picture here is in fact what the AT&T version looks like. I'm so glad I'm not a Verizon customer; what they do with the branding on their devices is just shameful :/ AT&T just removed "Samsung" on the back and replaced it with the AT&T logo; fine by me.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site

Why Verizon insists on adding 4G LTE on the back of everything is beyond me.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

I went into the AT&T store this afternoon and figured I'd ask if they had the devices in. They did!! Not on display yet, but the gal had them in the back and let me play with both of them. I can confirm the picture here is in fact what the AT&T version looks like. I'm so glad I'm not a Verizon customer; what they do with the branding on their devices is just shameful :/ AT&T just removed "Samsung" on the back and replaced it with the AT&T logo; fine by me.

I wish it didnt show "Galaxy S6" on the back though, but still looks fine by me too

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

Just be thankful the branding is on the back, and not on the front.

Wasn't there a device with the Verizon logo on the home button?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

Samsung badged the front of the device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon01