If I get Verizon/Asurion insurance, will they cover glass breakage on the back of the S6?

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
You're lucky. My wife has actually lost a phone before, and she cracks the screen on EVERY device she gets. With her it's not if her phone is gonna need insurance, it's when lol. So it works out for me.

(knock on wood)

we ALWAYS put tempered glass screen protectors on our phones and tablets. over the last several years, we have never had a cracked screen, despite the numerous drops. Several of the tempered glass screen protectors have cracked, but that's what they're meant to do, right? :) On the S5, it has gone through 12 cracked screen protectors. (but the original rugged Otterbox Defender-type case is still in perfect condition, as is the S5 inside)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
True, but they are almost certainly not giving you a new phone.

How about this math!? A family of 4 pays $10/month for insurance per line, $480 a year, or $960 every 2 years. Person 1 loses a phone, pays the deductible for a used phone increasing the total cost to $1,160. Person 2 throws their phone in the ocean, pays $200 and gets a used phone. Now the cost is $1,360. Even if you consider them to be worth something closer to full retail, it isn't until person 3 of 4 destroys their phone where you are actually ahead of the insurance and deductible costs.

My wife and I have had phones since the 90's, I've never lost one or even cracked a screen. She's never lost one but has cracked 2 screens. 20+ years of insurance for 2 screens would have been pretty pricey....
On your case it clearly isn't statistically advantageous to get insurance. Also, insurance is less than $10/mo, but that doesn't really make that much of a difference for you. It really depends on your situation,whether or not insurance is worth it

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
True, but they are almost certainly not giving you a new phone.

How about this math!? A family of 4 pays $10/month for insurance per line, $480 a year, or $960 every 2 years. Person 1 loses a phone, pays the deductible for a used phone increasing the total cost to $1,160. Person 2 throws their phone in the ocean, pays $200 and gets a used phone. Now the cost is $1,360. Even if you consider them to be worth something closer to full retail, it isn't until person 3 of 4 destroys their phone where you are actually ahead of the insurance and deductible costs.

My wife and I have had phones since the 90's, I've never lost one or even cracked a screen. She's never lost one but has cracked 2 screens. 20+ years of insurance for 2 screens would have been pretty pricey....

Everyone's situation is different, Insurance is an option, Yes you are paying extra, But it's worth paying if they have no upgrades and something happens.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Everyone's situation is different, Insurance is an option, Yes you are paying extra, But it's worth paying if they have no upgrades and something happens.
It also depends on what phone you have, and how long you can be without a phone. For example, apple will replace the iPhone 6 screen for $109 on the spot. Unfortunately for most other manufacturers, you have to send your phone in. This assuming that you care about damaged screen only, not loss or theft.

Also, the droid turbo includes a free screen replacement , and HTC has an insurance plan built into the phone.

And there are always third party options.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Katie Kesling

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I have the S6, not the edge. My deductible is $99. It all depends on the phone you have and what the "retail" price of the phone is. Not all phone deductibles are $200

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Before i got the s6 i had dropped my insurance from pervious phones, and got it again when i got the s6 and cracked the screen, deductible was $149 for verizon even though when i put in the model it says $199 as the deductible for asurion. Not sure how mine was $149 because i had dropped the insurance previously

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21