Samsung Galaxy S6 AT&T Next program and Pre-Ordering with Best Buy Problem

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
So i've run into an issue. Im about 6 months out from my upgrade on AT&T Next. The problem i'm having is that i need to pay off the remaining next payments to make the pre-order with best buy. On their website it can pull up that amount and says i can come in to a store to make the final payments then pre-order. Every Best Buy i've talked with says all they would do is have me call AT&T to do that for them because they don't actually handle the payments at all. Well i've been into an AT&T Store, i've talked with billing on the phone. No one can seem to get me to just pay off the remaining Next balance ONLY.

The only way i can do it is through AT&T's upgrade to pay off the balance and then be able to pre-order through their website, but that means i miss out on the Best Buy free wireless charger....

Has anyone had ANY luck with a situation like this at all? It's not absolutely necessary, but damn i'd hate to pass up a free wireless charger for this phone.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T Next program and Pre-Ordering with Best Buy Problem

I don't understand. Just pay off your phone. Call or goto a corporate store and pay it off.
Then goto best buy.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

So i've run into an issue. Im about 6 months out from my upgrade on AT&T Next. The problem i'm having is that i need to pay off the remaining next payments to make the pre-order with best buy. On their website it can pull up that amount and says i can come in to a store to make the final payments then pre-order. Every Best Buy i've talked with says all they would do is have me call AT&T to do that for them because they don't actually handle the payments at all. Well i've been into an AT&T Store, i've talked with billing on the phone. No one can seem to get me to just pay off the remaining Next balance ONLY.

The only way i can do it is through AT&T's upgrade to pay off the balance and then be able to pre-order through their website, but that means i miss out on the Best Buy free wireless charger....

Has anyone had ANY luck with a situation like this at all? It's not absolutely necessary, but damn i'd hate to pass up a free wireless charger for this phone.

you can pay off your next balance without upgrading through att. I did it last night. Paid off my note 4.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

What I had to do was pay off my current phone on AT&T's website first, and THEN go on Best Buy and pre-order the phone. You have to pay the phone off first from AT&T.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

What I had to do was pay off my current phone on AT&T's website first, and THEN go on Best Buy and pre-order the phone. You have to pay the phone off first from AT&T.

Right but there's two balances. The rest of the phone and the rest of the next balance. If I did pre order through att I'd only have to pay off next balance which is about 1/2 the cost. Because I do plan on still trading in this phone to att.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

Where do I go to pay off just the next balance?

From the main screen, on the website, under your phone select "upgrade options". Then select "pay off remaining balance, pay half to trade in, or move upgrade from another line". You want to select "Pay off XXX", the xxx's represent whatever your balance is. From there, you're asked for payment info and you're good to go. As soon as the payment is complete you are able to "upgrade" using a 2 year contract, Next, or pay outright.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

From the main screen, on the website, under your phone select "upgrade options". Then select "pay off remaining balance, pay half to trade in, or move upgrade from another line". You want to select "Pay off XXX", the xxx's represent whatever your balance is. From there, you're asked for payment info and you're good to go. As soon as the payment is complete you are able to "upgrade" using a 2 year contract, Next, or pay outright.

Thanks! This worked out for me! Headed into Best Buy tomorrow to get the pre-order completed!!!

yoshi351

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Had problems at best buy today. Asked to pre order the white 64gb edge and rep put black 64gb edge. Had to redo the whole process. Good thing is they used the gift card with $50 I put the first time and used it toward the second pre order. Now the bad part. Their systems were getting hammered. So they told me to come back tomorrow with my receipt and the new gift card from the second pre order. They also have to add he wireless charger as a second pre order. Maybe spent about 45 to an hour in the store doing this. I hope the systems won't be hammered still tomorrow.

Posted via the Android Central App via my Droid Turbo in sapphire blue or soon the be galaxy s6 edge in white.

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Had problems at best buy today. Asked to pre order the white 64gb edge and rep put black 64gb edge. Had to redo the whole process. Good thing is they used the gift card with $50 I put the first time and used it toward the second pre order. Now the bad part. Their systems were getting hammered. So they told me to come back tomorrow with my receipt and the new gift card from the second pre order. They also have to add he wireless charger as a second pre order. Maybe spent about 45 to an hour in the store doing this. I hope the systems won't be hammered still tomorrow.

Posted via the Android Central App via my Droid Turbo in sapphire blue or soon the be galaxy s6 edge in white.

I actually ended up canceling my original ATT order for the 128 GB Black Edge and did a pre-order through Best Buy to get the free charging pad (also decided 128GB was overkill and went with 64GB Black Edge). I did it all on-line. Do you actually pay $50 for the Best Buy Giftcard, or are you getting a FREE charging pad and a FREE $50 gift card? I just got the free charging-pad online....Anyone know?

beatsandlife

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

I ended up pre-ordering through Best Buy as well to get the free charging pad. I did it all on-line. Do you actually pay $50 for the Best Buy Giftcard, or are you getting a FREE charging pad and a FREE $50 gift card? I just got the free charging-pad online....Anyone know?

Its the $50 you put down. You can use it to pay down the phone or use it for something else. Then they give you the charging pad during pick up/delivery

Posted via the Android Central App

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Its the $50 you put down. You can use it to pay down the phone or use it for something else. Then they give you the charging pad during pick up/delivery

Thanks for the clarification. On-line there is not an option to put down $50...it simply showed the charging pad as "free" and the phone as part of my on-line order...and then indicates release date is 4/10, and provides the store location I selected to pick it up.

beatsandlife

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for the clarification. On-line there is not an option to put down $50...it simply showed the charging pad as "free" and the phone as part of my on-line order...and then indicates release date is 4/10, and provides the store location I selected to pick it up.

Did they charge your card for anything?

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site

Same here. But 3 bb stores around my area didn't give me an option for pickup the charging pad in store. They all said unavailable, then I selected free shipping to my home address and I printed out my order that show free wireless charging pad just in case I need to use it as evidence/prove ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site

Yup---$77.77, which is the amount of tax on the phone (I did an AT&T Next 24 plan)...

Here's the deal on-line. Frankly, I didn't need/want the $50 gift card so would rather keep the $50 in my pocket....

Offer:
Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 10.21.04 PM.png

Order Status:
Screen Shot 2015-03-27 at 10.24.40 PM.jpg

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site

The $77.77 is 8.5% sales tax on $915 (total price of the device). I don't think you're "required" to purchase the $50 gift card if you pre-order online....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781