S6 Wireless Charging - Fast Charging or Normal Slooooow Charging?

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

I have used wireless charging but I thought that the device had to be off or you can't use it while it's charging.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S4 Handheld Device

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Wireless charging is sloooooow and it gets warm.

If you get the OEM wireless charging pad, it is 2A which should be slightly slower than a travel charger. I plan to use it overnight anyway. I will use the rapid charger at the office. Still toying with the idea of having one at work.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

This is the one I plan to buy to use by my bed because it is supposed to be silent and is easy to get it positioned correct since it has 3 coils and a larger charging area. Can you confirm this before i order 2-3 of them?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This is the one I plan to buy to use by my bed because it is supposed to be silent and is easy to get it positioned correct since it has 3 coils and a larger charging area. Can you confirm this before i order 2-3 of them?

Silent? I haven't heard noise from it. It seems pretty easy to get since the phone is bigger than it. Pretty much as long as I lay it on the pad it starts the charge.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Silent? I haven't heard noise from it. It seems pretty easy to get since the phone is bigger than it. Pretty much as long as I lay it on the pad it starts the charge.

Thanks! By silent I'm referring to the fact that a lot of chargers like to make a noise when they initiate a charge. I understand the phone does this, but at least that can be turned off. Some chargers make their own noises and that would be a deal breaker for me.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! By silent I'm referring to the fact that a lot of chargers like to make a noise when they initiate a charge. I understand the phone does this, but at least that can be turned off. Some chargers make their own noises and that would be a deal breaker for me.

Ah okay! Yeah no .. I only hear a noise from the phone .. not the base itself :).

Grizzly HP2

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
The S6 has wireless charging, there are powerbanks with wireless charging, there are cases . . . . . are there wireless powercases? In know there are already some S6 battery cases, but it is always charging thru the usb port.
Seems a good idea to have an extra case with a battery in it to click on the back with wireless capability build in :)
Is it on the market, or just a stupid idea?
No hassel with cables and you can still keep using the S6 while the battery is charging with the powercase..

Last edited:

Sailmaker

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
I have a "holster" case on my S6. Was surprised that the wireless charging works with the case on. Seems to charge just as fast as with the case off. I just have to make sure I have it on the "sweet spot" on the wireless charging pad.

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I'm loving wireless charging. I have no idea what the battery life is on my phone because it's always charged. When I'm at my desk at work or just doing stuff around the house I just leave it on the charger. I need to order another. The free Samsung wireless charger from Best Buy works great. Power mat won't work consistently through my UAG case. I need to order another Qi charger. Any suggestions for a 2A that is reasonably priced?

Posted via the Android Central App

HMBgal

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
The novelty seems to be working for best buy. It seems like a gimmick. Apparently, you can't use your phone while it's charging. I don't see an advantage

Posted via the Android Central App

I have the Samsung one and I received texts, checked face book, pulled up for a shared drive on Waze--all of that while on the charger. And I even took a call and put it on speaker phone. And it's pretty fast, actually. Faster than my s5 by quite a lot. I'm on VZW.

holden190

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Best part of wireless charging is giving the USB connector a break. My S3 USB port was completely hosed from a year's use. Verizon guy also said he sees that problem often. So for my money, the wireless charger is the way to go. It's easy to plop my phone on the charger when coming home from work. I got the Samsung one for free from BB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy