Where are all the full reviews?

flamingoezz

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Plenty of initial presentations and preview benchmarks popped up within 24 hours of reviewers getting their phones. They all basically said, we need more than 24 hours to comment on the battery -- WEELLLLLLL...its been like 4-5 days. How is the battery??

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
In the podcast, Andrew said he was almost done with writing up the full review, so I would give it a few more days, but keep checking the blog .

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Battery life isn't the big concern.
All the cool features will well make up for poor battery life.

I don't agree with this. Cool features don't work when the phone is dead. I can agree that it doesn't have to be the best in the business, but it is the newest flagship and it should definitely be better than average and should be near the top. I'd give up pretty much any 1 of Samsung's features to have another 3+ hours of SOT.

Senden

May 31, 2011
Visit site
There has been some reviews already from some decent websites. From what I've read/seen so far at least, battery life is no more of a problem for the S6 than any other phone. . ie: Not exactly something to shout home about but acceptable. Most emphasis seems to be on the non removable battery which I guess is more down to the user on whether or not that's a problem.

stevelam

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
There has been some reviews already from some decent websites. From what I've read/seen so far at least, battery life is no more of a problem for the S6 than any other phone. . ie: Not exactly something to shout home about but acceptable. Most emphasis seems to be on the non removable battery which I guess is more down to the user on whether or not that's a problem.

well from the gsmarena review, the battery seems way worse than the s5.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Phonearena has full review with fairly recent unit. GSMarena did full review too but with pre-release MWC unit.

GSMarena battery testing makes S6 look quite worse than S5 on battery time. But it's because they bumped up S5 rate significantly after Lollipop. It went like from 71 to 83h endurance rating. But I personally don't believe it. Ask any S5 owner if 5.0 really helped battery. A lot of times it reduced battery time. Even with proper install, factory reset, it's the same as KitKat at best.

mountainman

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Phonearena has full review with fairly recent unit. GSMarena did full review too but with pre-release MWC unit.

GSMarena battery testing makes S6 look quite worse than S5 on battery time. But it's because they bumped up S5 rate significantly after Lollipop. It went like from 71 to 83h endurance rating. But I personally don't believe it. Ask any S5 owner if 5.0 really helped battery. A lot of times it reduced battery time. Even with proper install, factory reset, it's the same as KitKat at best.

Yeah its maybe a wee-tiny bit better than Kit Kat. You won't be throwing a 71 drum parade over it.

flamingoezz

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site

The phonearena review is confusing -- reviewer states that Edge drains faster than regular s6. Benchmarks show edge with better battery life -- i realize the settings were not equal, but close enough to think it would not take more than 1 hour hit if 200 instead of 180.

It also says its not an all day battery, but has better life than the iphone 6 which lasts me all day now....is it better when not using apps/widgets and takes a dive under normal use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781