Galaxy S6: BGR Review

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Re: BGR's review is up..

I wouldn't be surprised if I saw "Sent from my iPhone 6" at the bottom of every article they post. Even though they are saying positive things about the phone they still have to bash Samsung in the very beginning.

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

This is why I take every review with a grain of salt. Lag when opening the recent apps menu? Yeah, not at all. That was one of the first things I noticed playing with it. It's clearly much faster than it was on prior Touchwiz versions and was fast compared to my Nexus 6.

Some people don't understand the difference between an animation and lag. Those people shouldn't be reviewing phones.

Posted via the Android Central App

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

I'm mobile.
What did they say about battery life?

In the end, I found the Galaxy S6’s battery performance to be about on par with Apple’s iPhone 6 and the new HTC One M9. It actually may outlast either phone with moderate use, but it probably falls a bit short of both rival phones with heavy use thanks in part to that big, bright quad HD display.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

Unless they give me professional battery test results, and an indepth comparison between various handsets... I don't care what anyone has to say about it anymore

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

The fingerprint reader issue isn't so much with the functionality as much as it is that the fingerprint no longer recognized and the pin code didn't work either. I've heard the same complaints with the S5 fingerprint reader, so there may be some persistent software glitch.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

This is why I take every review with a grain of salt. Lag when opening the recent apps menu? Yeah, not at all. That was one of the first things I noticed playing with it. It's clearly much faster than it was on prior Touchwiz versions and was fast compared to my Nexus 6.

Some people don't understand the difference between an animation and lag. Those people shouldn't be reviewing phones.

Recent apps faster than on a nexus 6? I found that impossible to believe. Maybe you meant to put "was as"

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

BGR is a known android hater and an iPhone praiser. They will always find a way to make android phones look bad, ESPECIALLY samsung...check their track record

alkezi

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site

I only trust android authority and Mike Fisher from Pocketnow. I dont trust such Sites like forbes, verge, BGR

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

Unless they give me professional battery test results, and an indepth comparison between various handsets... I don't care what anyone has to say about it anymore

agreed, all vague "feelings" nowadays, as if everybody have precisely same definition for "light" "moderate" "heavy" use.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

agreed, all vague "feelings" nowadays, as if everybody have precisely same definition for "light" "moderate" "heavy" use.

And by that, I mean I don't want to hear about camera tests, software tests, design... I get it now... just battery I need to know

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site

In the end, I found the Galaxy S6’s battery performance to be about on par with Apple’s iPhone 6 and the new HTC One M9. It actually may outlast either phone with moderate use, but it probably falls a bit short of both rival phones with heavy use thanks in part to that big, bright quad HD display.

Considering that the new screen is 20% more battery efficient then the S5's 1080p screen (as tested by displaymate) I think we know more about the phone then the person who reviewed it.

The battery life is clearly low due to other reasons. The size of the battery is the number 1 culprit.

Posted via Android Central App

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site

The S6 battery performs very well for video or gaming, instances when the screen is on all the time. It seems off screen functions are straining the battery more.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

The S6 battery performs very well for video or gaming, instances when the screen is on all the time. It seems off screen functions are straining the battery more.

the standby performance is not good. True. This, hopefully can be improved by an update, or by users' management.

However, there is no "screen on" performance. AMOLED screen always have great battery performance playing videos. Browsing web with all white background will be a battery killer.

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site

The BGR review of the device is actually quite glowing and well reasoned. No reason to assume any untoward bias.

Last edited: