Questionable White Balance: How Significant Is This For You And Is There A Fix?

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
More than one reviewer has now commented on very poor white balance when set to auto right out of the box. This is a huge issue for me as I DESPISE whites that look anything but white.

Frankly, after all their R&D and "Project Zero" hype I'm shocked that something so clearly evident would be released By Samsung to the public in its present form. Why the hell does Apple always get it right with half the hardware 'firepower' as Samsung??? (And, for the record, I HATE Apple products....I wouldn't use an iPhone if you gave me one for free)

Is this something that most of you are concerned about and is it something that can be "fixed" with an OTA software patch from Samsung (through Verizon, of course)?

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
This actually makes a real difference to me. My most frequent adjustment, once a great image is captured on a mobile camera, seems to be getting the color balance right (not counting cropping, that is). It's too early to tell if there really is a problem. But if so, I hope Samsung takes it seriously and does their best to make the correction in a timely manner. If this camera is as great as some early tests indicate, I'd really like to take it through its paces and make it the centerpiece to a mobile shooting rig.

Oh, hey Samsung, while you're at it - Shutter Speed control, please!

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I've read the white balance is off on the default setting, but if you turn it to 'cinema mode' or whatever it's called, does it to back to normal white?

The default setting is too saturated for me, so I was planning it on turning to cinema or normal mode or whatever it's called to pull it back anyway.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
More than one reviewer has now commented on very poor white balance when set to auto right out of the box. This is a huge issue for me as I DESPISE whites that look anything but white.

Frankly, after all their R&D and "Project Zero" hype I'm shocked that something so clearly evident would be released By Samsung to the public in its present form. Why the hell does Apple always get it right with half the hardware 'firepower' as Samsung??? (And, for the record, I HATE Apple products....I wouldn't use an iPhone if you gave me one for free)

Is this something that most of you are concerned about and is it something that can be "fixed" with an OTA software patch from Samsung (through Verizon, of course)?

Apple gets it right? In white balance?
Dude, Apple has been known forever for warm tones outside and cool tones inside. The S6 is far better than that.

Is the S6 perfect? No. But is it better than the ip6? All I'll say is its different.

Stop reading iPhone websites, they are color blind with their isight. Then get yourself some pro equipment and start shooting with Dslr. Oh wait, they can't do what you want in all occasions also. Maybe that's why they have presets to save like the S6?

Oh, we're you talking about the screen? Yeah, it's well known that people like saturated colored screens and they sell more TVs with the saturation turned up to unnatural colors. You're not going to get Samsung to stop with your wishes. They know what helps sell their phones.
No stop crying and change the settings to get the screen to the way you like.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae