Any lags on S6?

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok so I was nearly going to buy a N4 but some people told me to hold my breath as it has some annoying lags like with the recent app button and dialer, they accused TW for that, as S6 is newer, faster and its TW is different, does it have lags too or they are ironed out?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Why don't you go to the store and try one out. Test it for a few mins and tell us what you think?

Posted via Android Central App

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Why don't you go to the store and try one out. Test it for a few mins and tell us what you think?

What a great advice!
But the phone is still not available yet.
Btw people said showrooms phones are always the lightest possible (software wise) so lags can only be noticed when you begin to daily use the phone and install apps

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
What a great advice!
But the phone is still not available yet.
Btw people said showrooms phones are always the lightest possible (software wise) so lags can only be noticed when you begin to daily use the phone and install apps

Who's your carrier? Most have demo units. Best Buy definitely has them. For once I agree, testing it yourself is the only review that really matters. You have 14 days to change your mind in most cases.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Surprisingly, yes, I am noticing some lag on my S6 edge. Mostly during screen transitions or pulling down menus but sometimes even the keyboard popping up has a delay (and I'm using the default Samsung keyboard.) I noted these things in my review over in the edge sub-forum if you want to see any other issues I've uncovered. I've had my edge since Monday.

Hoping Samsung can issue some quick fixes for this. No reason for any lag at all given the premium specifications.

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have the regular S6 and haven't experienced any lag. One note is that I'm using Nova launcher as I only lasted about 5 hours with the Touchwiz launcher.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Surprisingly, yes, I am noticing some lag on my S6 edge. Mostly during screen transitions or pulling down menus but sometimes even the keyboard popping up has a delay (and I'm using the default Samsung keyboard.) I noted these things in my review over in the edge sub-forum if you want to see any other issues I've uncovered. I've had my edge since Monday.

Hoping Samsung can issue some quick fixes for this. No reason for any lag at all given the premium specifications.

Try in developer settings to change the transitions and stuff to 1/2 from the default of one. And give your phone an extra day to settle after you try a restart too or a factory reset if you didn't already do this once you updated.

samwilli2002

Jan 22, 2012
Visit site
Regarding Nova Launcher - did you lose the notifications and VIP contact functionality on the "edges" of the phone? Thanks, I ordered the Edge today.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Irrespective of it lags or not, S6 is the smoothest touch wiz experience you will get.

I see stutter here and there once in a while but I notice that since I also use a Nexus 6. If you are coming from other older phones may be you will not notice and everything feels awesome. But overall nothing drastic to complain in the last couple of days I have used the S6.

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
All phones stutter to some degree. Can't be helped. It's software.

IPhone 6 Plus has absilutely zero stutter and instant screen responsiveness. After being out of the Android world for a bit, my expectation was that they were on par with Apple on this but from my S6 experience so far, it's not even close. Lots of other things to love about my S6 but responsiveness (and battery life) is certainly not one of them.

edgefever

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
My wife's 6+ once a while, will have a stutter or a little delay.
My N6 is as fluid as hers now with 5.1 update and my battery beats it now..i

walt27

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
How are you guys getting phones???! I thought it wasn't released yet. Mine doesn't ship till the 8th

Posted via the Android Central App