Think I'm canceling

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Canceling My order for my Samsung Galaxy S6.
Not gonna have my rates to go up under the scam of the phone carriers.

Already talked to AT&T and Verizon. They want the rates higher.

If you want to pay more its your choice. But I'm tired of the BS with rate increases.

This is a reason for them to keep going up. Not giving us a break.
Rates should be coming down, not going up.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
What carrier do you have? and are you talking about monthly rates?
You should just save and buy it unlocked...don't have to deal with carrier issues

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
What carrier do you have? and are you talking about monthly rates?
You should just save and buy it unlocked...don't have to deal with carrier issues

If you buy a phone, you gonna have to buy it either CDMA or GSM.
And you are gonna have to go to a carrier for Airtime.
So who you going to CDMA Verizon.
GSM AT&T
So what difference does a unlocked phone make.
I have a S5 Unlocked, but I have to use a GSM carrier.
Its a no win situation. And when you live in the country, your choices are less, because only the main carriers work.
I can go to Walmart and go with Straight Talk for 49.95 a phone. And only got 2.5Gb date before they slow me down. And no hotspot.
I pay 100.00 not for unlimited talk, data and 10gb data with AT&T .
There is no winning.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Well you could just get prepaid service, so you wouldn't have to deal with monthly plans, which you could still use with the S6

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Why would your rates go up? Are you coming from a dumb phone or something?

I switched to the Verizon Edge plsn because it costs the same as the 2 year contract plan but no initial payment for the phone. Also, you can trade in any old smartphone for a $100 gift card. If your porting from another barrier, they will give you another $100 bill credit.

There are lots of incentives if you just look on their site instead of posting here complaining.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Would have to go to Straight Talks site and see if they allow the S6. But I will be paying the same price that I pay now without upgrading. And Now I have 10 GB data.
On prepay its 2.5 GB data.
How do I could out ahead. I don't

Only option is to not upgrade ever again.
Can't believe more people are not happy with this new plan.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
You will always have to have a carrier of some sort. Walmart uses T-Mobile after all. Unlocked means that since you've paid full price for a phone, and it's likely a GSM phone, you could take it to T-Mobile or AT&T or one of their prepaid subsidiaries and get service without a contact and you typically get the same discount as if you have you the Next or Jump plans they offer. Prepaid, like Cricket, would just be cheaper overall but data caps and stuff come into plan.

If the $49.99 Wal-Mart plan works for you and you have a unlocked S5 (which is still a great phone) then jump on it. Just be sure to check the coverage since the use T-Mobile and their coverage is more spotty, though getting better by the month.

Also, if you want the S6 on Straight Talk or the Walmart family moble then you'll be paying the full $599+ upfront since they don't do contracts, if they even off the S6. They usually don't get new phones that fast.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Honestly never heard of Straight talk but it sounds like one of those bargain services. My advice to you is that if you can't afford the plan then don't buy the most expensive device on the market. Get someone a year old.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Why would your rates go up? Are you coming from a dumb phone or something?

I switched to the Verizon Edge plsn because it costs the same as the 2 year contract plan but no initial payment for the phone. Also, you can trade in any old smartphone for a $100 gift card. If your porting from another barrier, they will give you another $100 bill credit.

There are lots of incentives if you just look on their site instead of posting here complaining.

My rates will go up because I loose the family share plan.
And they said I will have to go to the next plan. Making it forty something dollars for 2 lines a month.
I don't want to pay forty something dollars a month more .

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
You will always have to have a carrier of some sort. Walmart uses T-Mobile after all. Unlocked means that since you've paid full price for a phone, and it's likely a GSM phone, you could take it to T-Mobile or AT&T or one of their prepaid subsidiaries and get service without a contact and you typically get the same discount as if you have you the Next or Jump plans they offer. Prepaid, like Cricket, would just be cheaper overall but data caps and stuff come into plan.

If the $49.99 Wal-Mart plan works for you and you have a unlocked S5 (which is still a great phone) then jump on it. Just be sure to check the coverage since the use T-Mobile and their coverage is more spotty, though getting better by the month.

Also, if you want the S6 on Straight Talk or the Walmart family moble then you'll be paying the full $599+ upfront since they don't do contracts, if they even off the S6. They usually don't get new phones that fast.

If I had Cricket, It wouldn't work here. If I had Tmobile My phone wouldn't work here.
I got two choices. AT&T for spoty service. Or Verizon for service that works good. But is also a lot higher.

Inders99

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Just in a general sense, expenses are out of hand. Between cable/cell phone I'm at $350/mo for technology access...it hurts. That's a car payment easy.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
if they're offering the S6 with prepaid then it's worth looking into....just might be the ticket.

That means paying over 700.00 for a phone. and having less data time than paying over 700.00 for a phone and having the same service and 10 Gb data.

The carrier is gonna get you whether your on contract or not.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Just in a general sense, expenses are out of hand. Between cable/cell phone I'm at $350/mo for technology access...it hurts. That's a car payment easy.

Really, and if some people don't say something to them. I forsee it to keep going up.
The carriers has gotten greedy.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
If I had Cricket, It wouldn't work here. If I had Tmobile My phone wouldn't work here.
I got two choices. AT&T for spoty service. Or Verizon for service that works good. But is also a lot higher.

Cricket is owned by AT&T now so they piggback off he AT&T network. If AT&T works for you now then it should still on cricket, your data would just be slower.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Cricket is owned by AT&T now so they piggback off he AT&T network. If AT&T works for you now then it should still on cricket, your data would just be slower.

Yes I know Cricket Piggy backs AT&T.
As far as AT&T working now. I have to walk around in the house and outside to get a Text message to send. Sometimes like 6 or 7 times or more for one text message.
Complained about it for over 10 yrs. AT&T keeps saying hang in there, it will get better.
So if cricket will work slower than AT&T I might not be able to stand it.

BlueBlazer60

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
Fact of life - prices change. So do salaries. Fifty years ago, my first job our college had an annual salary of $5500. Our current Verizon monthly bill for two smart phones (one off contract) and the data we need is less than the charge four years ago for one smart phone and less data.

If you don't want to spend more, stay with what you have. The carriers are in business to make money. There are reasons why Verizon can charge more than some of the other carriers. Personally I will pay a certain amount more for the quality service where I need it. Plus based on my prior experience with other divisions of the company, I will never willing change to AT&T mobile service. Others have differing strong opinions.

Do what makes you happy. But until you are willing to take reduced pay for more work, stop thinking the carriers should give you lower prices for improved networks and phones.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am very confused. So you're on the discounted plan now since you don't have a phone discounted (an unlocked S5)... But now that you're getting a phone on a payment plan or discounted you are mad it goes up some? I am just lost..

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
My rates will go up because I loose the family share plan.
And they said I will have to go to the next plan. Making it forty something dollars for 2 lines a month.
I don't want to pay forty something dollars a month more .

Just walk in to Verizon and tell them you want to buy the phone at full price. Once paid, tell them to activate it on your number. No contract change will be nessasery and you won't lose nothing.

They are trying to scam you into a new contract on next. Clearly you don't want that. So don't do it.

Quick question, are you not eligible for an upgrade? Because that's what it sounds like.

Posted via the Android Central App

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
How much are you guys paying in the US?

I might be going on a 2 year contract for $95 AUD per month (total cost $2280) which includes 3.5gb data per month. And that's just for the basic 32gb Galaxy S6 (not the Edge).

We get screwed over big time on phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waterpig