Verizon Galaxy S6 Pictures - Big Logo - Bloatware

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
At least there's no carrier brand in the notifications like iphones

There is in the drop-down notification. Also that isn't really carrier branding .. that is the iPhone just telling you what network you're on. Not a Verizon or whatever mandate.

Juliann826

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
There's no way I'd buy that device....unless Verizon was giving me an "advertising discount". This is where I jump to the "Apple Camp". Sell a premium phone at a premium price, and ditch the carrier branding. I'd love to know why Samsung can't put the screws down on AT&T and Verizon to stop the carrier branding on the back.

Advertising discount would be $150, because it's $150 cheaper than anywhere else who is selling it.

xPNUTx

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Man as soon as I saw this post I went to verizon as fast as I could. Ladies and gentlemen.... That phone is piano black, true black, ps3 black, whatever you want to call it. Verizon does not have the black Sapphire. I don't know what they're going to call it.

That's too bad. The phone looks nice in true black, and it will easier to find a colored case if I want one but I was really looking forward to getting the Black Sapphire I pre-ordered. I'll probably return it for white.

hawkeye16qb

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I always laugh at these threads. I honestly never even notice the logo. I always use a case. The demand is always there. I never have trouble selling phones because of the logo either.

Posted via the Android Central App

For the most part I don't mind too much, but man the front logo on the LG g3 and the one on the Note home button were Fugly. Really ruined the look of the phone IMO

rockitdog23

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
What annoys me about Verizon's Android devices is that stupid 4G logo is always at the top of the notification panel. Even when on Wifi it sits there, that annoys me!

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Well, it's not that bad. It could've been worse. They could've plastered their logo everywhere.

The one big no-no? Amazon and Verizon crapware.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Was hoping that Verizon would leave their fat logo off the back, no such luck. Here's a couple pictures of the Verizon demo showing the Logo and Bloatware installed.

I did purchase the Otterbox Commuter & Defender cases while I was there. :)

Long wait until the 17th for me. :p

View attachment 169201View attachment 169202View attachment 169203View attachment 169204

On a side note, how much bulk will the Defender add? I can't stand the plastic shield they use with them.

Are they slick on the back??

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Samsung needs to get into selling their phones directly to the customer like apple does. They can easily do online ordering and sell even more devices and start to take control of the OS updates. They have the clout, they just aren't using it.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Samsung needs to get into selling their phones directly to the customer like apple does. They can easily do online ordering and sell even more devices and start to take control of the OS updates. They have the clout, they just aren't using it.

They actually talked about that on the podcast today. You should take a listen, they had some very good points.

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Interestingly enough, none of the Verizon stores I've been to in the Charlotte area have any S6 demo units on display. I've played with several @ BestBuy, but while running around the last couple of days, I've stopped by three different Verizon stores (two corporate, one retailer) to check out the Verizon S6.

All three said the same thing...that they wouldn't even have demo units until 4/10.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
On a side note, how much bulk will the Defender add? I can't stand the plastic shield they use with them.

Are they slick on the back??

The bulk from the Defender is very minimal compared to all the other Defenders I had in the past. I also take the stock plastic screen out of the Defender and use a Tempered glass on the phones actual screen. The Defender for the S6 has good grip on the back as it's silicone and not hard plastic.

Keep in mind that I'm using the Note 4 and everything feels small compared to this beast.

Try one, I'm sure you will like it. :p

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Interestingly enough, none of the Verizon stores I've been to in the Charlotte area have any S6 demo units on display. I've played with several @ BestBuy, but while running around the last couple of days, I've stopped by three different Verizon stores (two corporate, one retailer) to check out the Verizon S6.

All three said the same thing...that they wouldn't even have demo units until 4/10.

The stores here had the Demos out on 4/1 :)

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I was told the same thing from my local store.