Camera Focus Issue

umamiking

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
It looks like the Galaxy S6 is suffering from the same camera focus issues as the Note 4. I have a brand new S6 from T-Mobile and I just noticed today that my camera module, the actual hardware, is stuck. I cannot get it to focus whether it's in AUTO or Selective Focus. And whether the subject is near or far away. Tapping to focus doesn't make a difference. This affects video and stills.

The only way to fix it is to gently shake the phone or to give it a few firm taps on the back, near the camera module.

It looks like I am only the second report of this (the first is on Reddit). Has anyone else seen this? I have already contacted T-Mobile and I am going to order a new phone and return this one.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, return it. My T-Mobile Note 4 had the same issue and when the replacement unit came back, the issue was gone. Makes sense if this is the same camera as the Note 4.

mitsueks

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I had to replace my wife's T-Mobile 64gb S6, the replacement is in the mail. Same issue since day one (3/31)

Posted via the Android Central App

wezzyd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Just contacted o2 and getting a replacement phone tomorrow

limeaid

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Had the same issue. There is another thread about this. Look for the title "camera blur"

Personally, I think first batch of phones has serious QC issues, particularly on TMobile. I ended up returning mine and not getting another one in exchange. I'm going to wait a few weeks to see if the second batch is better. I may also consider he LG G4 instead

wezzyd

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
Yeah think I started that thread and then noticed this one lol. Fingers crossed my new one will be OK. Although, since the bit of shaking on this one, camera does seem to focus quicker

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01