I've got an AT&T S6---Ask Me Anything

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
This isn't Reddit, but there's been a lot of speculation on how other variants of the S6 would perform compared to the T-Mobile version. There's also a lot of you who don't have one yet. There's a lot of you on the fence, too, who may need it compared to current phones. I've probably used whatever phone you're asking to compare it with. Ask away.

Edit: I am using the Edge, but outside of specific questions about the Edge functions, they're almost identical.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Curious to know how the battery life is holding up. I have the HTC m8 and it usually lasts a solid day with my usage.

I've had it since fairly early this morning so my usage pattern wasn't exactly normal today. I will say that I was glad to see absolutely zero sign of cell standby in my usage chart and still haven't at this point. I used the M8, stock, for a few months when it first launched. It's too early to tell, and I don't know your usage pattern, but it has the early potential of lasting 4-5 hours on screen with 14-17 hours of use. I'll know more when I get to go through a normal day and get a few more charge cycles under it's belt.

ballzac

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
can you comments on actual storage space if you have the 32gb version, is it 23gigs?

Posted via Android Central App

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: I've got an AT&T S6---Ask Me Anything

How does the edge screen look outside in sun light? Is the screen bright enough to read Web pages on?

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site

How does the edge screen look outside in sun light? Is the screen bright enough to read Web pages on?

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

There's some glare on the edges depending on what angle you're looking at it. That said, this AMOLED panel is great in direct sunlight. I was able to test that out this afternoon before it clouded up. Like the Note 4, if you have it on auto brightness, the screen gets extremely bright/vibrant under direct sunlight. Handy feature.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site

If you install a theme, can you still do normal customizations on top of the theme like changing wallpaper, colors , etc?

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
If you install a theme, can you still do normal customizations on top of the theme like changing wallpaper, colors , etc?

You can change the wallpaper and font, but nothing else that I can see. Switching between the Space and Default theme removed my Gmail and Google Search widget when I went back to Default. Odd. I'll continue to mess around with it to see if it's a normal occurrence.

Attachments

• 79.jpg
    79.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 405

ballzac

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Between 23-24 GB left after first boot.

Is that high for new devices? I dont really have any means for comparison as my Nexus 4 takes up about 4gb or so I think from the OS/other crap, is that high for system memory? I cant imagine deleting the apps that are actually deleteable will give you that much more space

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Is that high for new devices? I dont really have any means for comparison as my Nexus 4 takes up about 4gb or so I think from the OS/other crap, is that high for system memory? I cant imagine deleting the apps that are actually deleteable will give you that much more space

I believe the M9 is similar by comparison. If you're on the fence about the Edge and the money isn't the issue, I think the 64GB S6 is the sweet spot.

ballzac

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
I believe the M9 is similar by comparison. If you're on the fence about the Edge and the money isn't the issue, I think the 64GB S6 is the sweet spot.

I have a 32gb regular S6 coming (hopefully tomorrow) but I was just curious if that 22-23gb range was accurate on the actual retails units, thanks for the SS tho :)

Adranalyne

Nov 6, 2013
Visit site
Any issues with the radios getting a good LTE signal?

None that I've seen. At both my office and my home, where I normally get strong signal, it's been excellent. I was curious about that myself given their use of their own modem.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
None that I've seen. At both my office and my home, where I normally get strong signal, it's been excellent. I was curious about that myself given their use of their own modem.

Great! Thanks for the confirmation it's good to know I won't have any issues going from my current HTC One to the S6.

robertkoa

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks very much for this Thread !

My question will require a few days- I am curious if with Sync and Location OFF and brightness at indoor legible but maybe 20 -25%
and on LTE you think you can get about 6 to 7 hours SOT with mostly Web Browsing 1 hour calling and some emails etc. and a few pics ?
Thanks again and congrats -Re: the Camera - is it wowing you ?

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star