Anyone ditching the iPhone?

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Thinking about ditching my iPhone 6 plus for the Galaxy s6 in a couple weeks. Anyone in the same boat? What are your reasons?

I played with the s6 a bit today at best buy and it was gorgeous. The screen and build quality was great. Camera seemed awesome as well.

Had some time with an m9 as well but the screen seemed rather dull.

flamingoezz

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm giving my wife my iphone 6 and switching. she's due for upgrade and im not digging the ip6 as much as i did ip5. seems to have more little issues and bugs with apps and the OS than years past. I figure if I'm going to have bugs, I may as well move to the bigger screen and unique look of the s6.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 and am getting an s6. If the s6 works out then the iPhone goes and if not then I keep using the iPhone until the G4 comes out. A lot of my rest of the year plan is around the G4 camera. I have a feeling that the G4 could be the phone of the year and if not the s6.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
That's cool. The iPhone does seem pretty buggy this time around. I just love the fluidity. But - when I played with the s6 at best buy it was gorgeous and seemed to finally be rid of the Samsung lag. So we will see.

Bpschoon81

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I am ditching the 6. It's buggy and my battery life has been downright horrible. Plus, I'm on a replacement because my first 6 (not 6+) bent. It's been pretty bad experience for me

tazman69

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 and if everything works out with the S6 then the iPhone is being relegated to my second line and no longer my primary. I have had so many issues with the iPhone the "it just works" is cr@p.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Nah .. I have an iPhone 6 and will keep it along with my S6 and N6. Need to try out the new Apple watch very soon.

eao1991

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Gonna leave my 6+ for the S6. Nothing really pushing me away from the 6+, but as a smartphone addict, I find it difficult to remain with a device for more than a few months. The one thing I'll likely miss from the 6+ is the amazing battery life. After owning it and the Note 4, it's gonna be a bummer at first having to deal with "normal" battery life again.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Gonna leave my 6+ for the S6. Nothing really pushing me away from the 6+, but as a smartphone addict, I find it difficult to remain with a device for more than a few months. The one thing I'll likely miss from the 6+ is the amazing battery life. After owning it and the Note 4, it's gonna be a bummer at first having to deal with "normal" battery life again.

I'm in the same boat about having the "latest and greatest". I have a 6 Plus and will be trying out the S6. I anticipate a big drop in battery life. The 6 Plus is outrageous in this area, especially standby - I'll leave the house at 7AM with 100%, and if I don't touch my phone I'll have 100% at 2-4pm when I get to pick it up. I also think that Touchwiz will in its best moments only match iOS in fluidity - Android in general just doesn't seem up to the level of iOS in terms of speed and fluidity, and many reviews have noted that Touchwiz still has some hiccups. Not to say iOS doesn't, but it has been smoother than any Android phone I've used thus far and I think that will definitely spoil me.

cmhsam

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Add me to the list. Ditching my IP6 For the s6. Preordered the edge but will just get a s6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T48

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm giving my wife my iphone 6 and switching. she's due for upgrade and im not digging the ip6 as much as i did ip5. seems to have more little issues and bugs with apps and the OS than years past. I figure if I'm going to have bugs, I may as well move to the bigger screen and unique look of the s6.

Are you a newlywed? Do you plan on being married long?

Why would a husband ever purposely give their wife something that is going set them off? If you are having issues with it being buggy & then you burn her upgrade, you are going to hear it 'til the end of time (& yes I am only joking as print does not always convey that).

flamingoezz

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
ha, actually less than a year married =p

she has iphone 5 now, so she's comfy with the interface and probably would have gotten the ip6 with her upgrade anyway. I'm sure the bugs will be ironed out in the next 6 months, but I don't want to give apple more money -- their quality has really gone downhill. Even their charging cables are garbage now. We have near decade old cables from old ipods and phones that still work, but have gone through 3 or 4 official apple lightning cables and 1 off-brand one in 2 years. They are really made crappily.

Are you a newlywed? Do you plan on being married long?

Why would a husband ever purposely give their wife something that is going set them off? If you are having issues with it being buggy & then you burn her upgrade, you are going to hear it 'til the end of time (& yes I am only joking as print does not always convey that).

Coney718

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I ditched my iPhone 6 for the S6. I've had my S6 for a week now and haven't even thought about my iPhone. Yes, there are a couple things I'll miss about the iPhone, like iMessage, a few app/games that Android doesnt have yet or just dont work as well and the overall fluidity and optimization of iOS is unmatched but the S6 is the closest thing I've found on a Android phone. Yes TW is still TW but its smoother than ever before, the camera is (finally) identical in quality as the iPhone. Over the past few days I've been downloading apps and tweaks that I used to have to jailbreak my iPhone to get. The fact I can do this on the S6 virtually out of the box is amazing. Throw in wireless charging, fast charging, and similar build quality and form factor makes me not miss my iPhone at all. If any iPhone users are on the fence about the S6 just try it, you wont regret it.

2ndHalfCor

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I got rid of my iPhone 6 and went back to a 5s. I also have a Note 3. My S6 arrives today, but I'm worried about the regular Android and Samsung silliness that irritates me about the Note 3. I'm going to give it a chance, but will fall back to the 5s if the experience is no better than the Note 3.

bgl321

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I am buying an S6. Have the iPhone 6 now but can't resist the temptation to try this bad boy out. Worse case scenario, I don't like it and return it within 14 days.

mountainman15

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I switched to the iPhone 6 from the Nexus 6 about a month ago and I'm most likely going to pick up the S6. Based on the early reviews, it looks like the most complete Android phone ever.

Outside of my month-long stint with the iphone 6, I have been a lifelong Android user. As much as I love Android, every phone seems to have some sort of major compromise which is what led me to give the iphone a try. After about a week of adjusting to iOS, I have been extremely impressed. Everything just works really well. Great performance, great camera, great screen, and unreal battery standby time.

BUT, I really miss the customization ability in Android and the Google ecosystem in general. And keyboards (even 3rd party) suck big time in iOS...I miss the Android Swiftkey so much! The S6 looks like it checks all of the major boxes for me outside of the questionable battery life which I think will be fixed (or is a Tmobile specific issue...I'm on Verizon).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781