Charge First or Dive Right In?

BAreEhD

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
I'm about to pick up my S6 from the post office. I'm assuming it'll come partially charged. What's the accepted best practise with initial charging? Should I fully charge it prior to first use, or should I deplete it a little further this evening (it's 7:00 pm here) and give it a full charge overnight?

Posted via the Android Central App

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
doesn't matter, li-ion battery has no memory effect, plug and unplug anytime you want.

For accurate report of battery % by the OS, do a calibration some time soon, i.e., next week, or in two weeks, or in three weeks, whenever you get to it.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
doesn't matter, li-ion battery has no memory effect, plug and unplug anytime you want.

For accurate report of battery % by the OS, do a calibration some time soon, i.e., next week, or in two weeks, or in three weeks, whenever you get to it.

^^^
What he said.

eak1570

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
One more question. Should I do the factory reset first? (To clean everything up)Or doesn't matter.. Thanks.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
One more question. Should I do the factory reset first? (To clean everything up)Or doesn't matter.. Thanks.
people think a hard reset helps to straight out problems with major system update.

Although I agree with it, this is a brand new phone, im unsure it will do anything. It doesn't hurt neither though.
How does one calibrate a battery?

Posted via the Android Central App
charge to 100%, use it to run battery down to below 10%, charge back to 100%.

This is to produce a calibration curve for the system so it can report battery level accurately (system has to convert voltage to % numbers, correlation is not linear). It doesn't really do anything to battery itself.

Calibration will become necessary every 30-40 charge cycles, or when you have a new battery.