Quick charge question

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
This may seem like a dumb question, but is there a way to tell if fast charging is working/enabled? I plugged my S6 in with the charger that came in the box and after 10 minutes it went from 27% to 29%, which does not seem like it would equal out to 4 hours use. It also says that at 31% charge it will take 5 hours to fully charge, which seems like what my old phone got, if not longer.

I'm not worried, but more curious as it doesn't seem that quick.

hopdot5555

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
The manual i found earlier today on google suggested shutting screen or phone off for best charging. It took abput an hour for mine to go from 62% to 100% while off today.
I think theres no way to tell if its technically using fast charging.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I had assumed there was no real way to check. The odd thing is it's charging at the same rate when connected to my computer as it is connected to the wall outlet.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Look on the notification screen and it should have the "Fast Charging" notification like the Note 4.

Pull down the notification shade and it should be there.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Awesome, thanks. Before it wasn't saying Fast Charging just charging. Unplugged everything and plugged it back in and fast charging popped up. Seems like it just had a hiccup.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it charges at different speeds depending on how depleted your battery is. If it's near empty, it charges very fast until it gets to a certain percentage and then it slow down.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but it charges at different speeds depending on how depleted your battery is. If it's near empty, it charges very fast until it gets to a certain percentage and then it slow down.

Correct

Posted via the Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
What's the reason for this? Is the fast charge feature not sustainable for the entirety of the charging cycle?
On the note 4,adaptive charging tapers off starting around 75%. Charging rate over 2a would be adaptive charging. You can use an app like battery monitor widget to log.

Note that adaptive charging isn't actually charging over 2a,that is just how it is shown.

uploadfromtaptalk1428584230667.jpg

iLLusive

Vzw Staff
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Quick Charging 2.0 ....fast charging...turbo charging...adaptive charging so many TERMS so misunderstood meanings. Please clarify my confusion and thank you!

So can anyone tell me the main difference between the Ventev Quickcharge Dashport with quick charge 2.0 compared to Ventev dashport r2240 is a dual USB port (2.4A per port) rapid charger? Does the 2.1A compared to 2.4A make the rapid charger qualify as a quick charging cable that would work the same on GS6? Thanks folks!

Thought Quick Charging 2.0 was branded by Qualcomm and only on their processors? Guess why I am so confused about chargers ugh :(

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Quick Charging 2.0 ....fast charging...turbo charging...adaptive charging so many TERMS so misunderstood meanings. Please clarify my confusion and thank you!

So can anyone tell me the main difference between the Ventev Quickcharge Dashport with quick charge 2.0 compared to Ventev dashport r2240 is a dual USB port (2.4A per port) rapid charger? Does the 2.1A compared to 2.4A make the rapid charger qualify as a quick charging cable that would work the same on GS6? Thanks folks!

Thought Quick Charging 2.0 was branded by Qualcomm and only on their processors? Guess why I am so confused about chargers ugh :(

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable can give you a better answer but it appears as if Qualcomm 2.0 and sansungs quick charging are the same or very similar. Like you said, because of branding they don't say the s6 is Quick Charge 2.0, but quick charge 2.0 chargers work the same as sansungs quick chargers. NO, a standard 2.4A charger is not the same. From my understanding QC2.0 charges at a higher voltage (9v?) instead of the usual 5v and just a higher amperage. If you look at any QC2.0 certified device they usually say they can output 5v,9v,or sometimes 12v. You don't see this on regular chargers with higher amperage. Most just do 5v. Again, someone correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I've gathered from my research