does anyone try using tempered glass protector for gs6?

smiledumb

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I am waiting for my Galaxy S6 arrives. Does the screen easily scratched? I don't want to take extremely good care of it.
And also does anyone try using tempered glass protector? How does it feel compared to regular?

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
It's a must have for me. It doesn't reduce sensitivity or screen quality and feels like your actual screen.

Posted via the Android Central App

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
All tempered Glass reviews so far are bad because the screen has a slight bend like the Note 4. Glass is the way to go but looks like you'll have to wait or order from a company with a good return policy.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I've never used screen protectors on my smart phones but I recently installed a temper glass protector on my wife's iPhone 6 (which looked very nice). Can someone recommend a good tempered glass screen protector brand for the S6? Also, do you have to use a liquid during the install and squeege out the air bubbles, or is it a dry install? Thanks.

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I've never used screen protectors on my smart phones but I recently installed a temper glass protector on my wife's iPhone 6 (which looked very nice). Can someone recommend a good tempered glass screen protector brand for the S6? Also, do you have to use a liquid during the install and squeege out the air bubbles, or is it a dry install? Thanks.

All glass installs are dry. As far as a recommended glass protector for the S6, I've yet to see one. All of them that I've seen on Amazon have bad reviews. Some look like they have high ratings but if you look closer at the reviews, they are high ratings for other phones. The S6 has a slight curve to the screen which isn't visible to the eye but it's enough for the edges of the screen protector to raise up. If you really feel strongly about protecting your screen, I'd go with a cheap wet screen protector now and wait until we can actually identify a good glass one.

Erm10

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Do any screen protectors offer protection against the phone screen shattering? I looked at Zagg's warranty info and all they mention is coverage for the screen protector itself.

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
All glass installs are dry. As far as a recommended glass protector for the S6, I've yet to see one. All of them that I've seen on Amazon have bad reviews. Some look like they have high ratings but if you look closer at the reviews, they are high ratings for other phones. The S6 has a slight curve to the screen which isn't visible to the eye but it's enough for the edges of the screen protector to raise up. If you really feel strongly about protecting your screen, I'd go with a cheap wet screen protector now and wait until we can actually identify a good glass one.

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't realize there was a slight curve to the screen of the S6. Like I said, I usually never use a screen protector, but I'm considering using one since they seem very nice and don't distort the screen

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I didn't realize there was a slight curve to the screen of the S6. Like I said, I usually never use a screen protector, but I'm considering using one since they seem very nice and don't distort the screen

Yeah I've personally never used a glass one before either but everyone says it feels the same as the normal screen. Back in the day I used to always use the normal wet application ones, but over the past 2 years I just haven't used one at all because I hated the way they made the screen feel. I didn't even know they made glass ones until a couple weeks ago. I will definitely be putting a glass one on my wife's S6 when I see some reviews of ones that actually work. Unfortunately I have the edge version so I think it could be a very long time (if ever) that I see a glass screen protector that works.

ShinChiller

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I ordered a Tinxi tempered glass foil for my S6 and i got the same problems as mentioned before.
First of all The protector is about 3mm shorter than the display all around the phone,
second problem is there is area of 3-8mm all around the edge of the screen protector that does not stick to the display and leads to a halo effect.

So my conclusion: dont buy Tinxi Screen Protector...
If anybody found a good one, pls tell us =D

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Hate all screen protectors. Never used them, never will. Never had a scratch on my phone either. Just use common sense and you'll have no problems.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Nope, stopped using them many years ago and my last 3 phones never had a single scratch. Comes down to how careful of a user you're.

Posted via S6

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm not that concerned about scratches, but do the soft protectors offer any protection against shattering from a fall? After 7yrs of never shattering a phone I've become clumsy the past year and damaged 2 screens, but I hate the big cases.

dirt4444

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm not that concerned about scratches, but do the soft protectors offer any protection against shattering from a fall? After 7yrs of never shattering a phone I've become clumsy the past year and damaged 2 screens, but I hate the big cases.

I had a Spigen glass screen protector on my S4 and dropped it, shattered the screen protector and when I peeled it off the original screen was not damaged at all. Definitely suggest getting one. Was hoping Spigen had one but looks like they don't at this time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci