Samsung Galaxy S6 So tired of hearing negative reports is anyone happy

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: So tired of hearing negative reports is anyone happy

LOL at the folks claiming that any Samsung product doesn't lag..The S6 lags and the home page redraws on several occassion. Lag with Samsung is not a question of if but more a question of how much.

My S6 is pretty snappy. No complaints :).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: So tired of hearing negative reports us anyone happy

I've been wondering if it's something related to 2.4 or 5Ghz frequencies, as I have T-Mobile and with VoLTE and Wifi calling off as I don't need them, plus Smart Network and Scanning Always Available also off, and since yesterday that I got my device, the battery life has been surprisingly very good, averaging over 5.25 hours of SoT in just 2 Full charges cycles. Both, my Office and Home Wifi routers are set to just 2.4ghz.

Hmm interesting .. at home I am on my 5ghz .. maybe I should try my 2.4 network.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

My S6 is pretty snappy. No complaints :).

Same here. Over a week in and I've only had a couple of instances of stutter or lag. Both times on the Play Store. Everything has been blazing fast and fluid.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

All, let's stop going down the rabbit hole with fjd726. Responding just encouraging this user. Ignore the rants.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site

on my 3rd day with my Rogers S6 and loving it! Best phone ive ever owned, more than pleased and exceeded my expectations.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Hmm interesting .. at home I am on my 5ghz .. maybe I should try my 2.4 network.

Finally, somebody that may try this, please try it and let us know, I hope it's just that, good luck.

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site

Really digging mine as well. AT&T as the carrier, no noticeable sounds of lag so far, battery life is doing extremely well (more so than I expected based on threads), and the new functionality gained as a result of moving from the M7 is killer. Very pleased with the purchase.

Posted via the Android Central App

fjd726

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site

All, let's stop going down the rabbit hole with fjd726. Responding just encouraging this user. Ignore the rants.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

What are you talking about.? Haven't posted anything in a while re this phone. There's many issues with this phone. All you have to do is read this forum. Seems many are reporting the same laggy issues with touch wiz. hardware is improved but touch wiz still a laggy mess. . You basically have to tinker the hell out of this device for it to run smoothly. Sounds like your just making excuses for it. I stand behind my initial opinion of this phone. Samsung just basically put lipstick on a pig.

Most threads on here are of people disabling this or that to get decent battery life and to try to get this running smoothly. Unfortunately touch wiz isn't there yet. It's laughable that even with 3 gigs of ram, is still has trouble with scrolling and crashing apps.

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

What are you talking about.? Haven't posted anything in a while re this phone. There's many issues with this phone. All you have to do is read this forum. Seems many are reporting the same laggy issues with touch wiz. hardware is improved but touch wiz still a laggy mess. . You basically have to tinker the hell out of this device for it to run smoothly. Sounds like your just making excuses for it. I stand behind my initial opinion of this phone. Samsung just basically put lipstick on a pig.

Most threads on here are of people disabling this or that to get decent battery life and to try to get this running smoothly. Unfortunately touch wiz isn't there yet. It's laughable that even with 3 gigs of ram, is still has trouble with scrolling and crashing apps.

I've had none of the problems you describe. And I used to be 1 of the people that said I'll never use anything but iPhone.

Posted via Android Central App

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm an extremely happy S6 Edge user. Forums are usually for people having issues or looking for solutions, not people raving about their good experiences.

lando43

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

I think I got really lucky ,my GS6 hasn't any of the many problems mention, buttery smooth, flawless screen ,what can I say I must be lucky

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site

I think most S6 will be very happy, even if the battery life leaves a little to be desired.

📐Welcome to the Dark. From the Note Edge.🍷

imnjs

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

I think most S6 will be very happy, even if the battery life leaves a little to be desired.

📐Welcome to the Dark. From the Note Edge.🍷

This. As many flagships as I've owned the S6 has gotten the least amount of complaints I've ever seen as far as forums are concerned. Usually it's a madhouse after launch.

Posted via the Android Central App

Chris778811

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

I ordered both from tmobile and tried both out for a couple days each. I picked the s6 over the s6e because it just felt better in my hand. I can tell you for sure that the s6 screen was brighter then the s6e both phones had the brightness turned all the way up with the auto box unchecked and the s6 was much brighter then the s6e. I'm not sure why but it was easy to see the difference. I love my s6 64gb so far just wish I could turn the led off while charging lol not sure why they took that away.

teckn9ne23

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site

Iv only had on problom with s6 it the cell standy 2nd phone same problem 32gb but other than that liking this galaxy alot.Coming from the s4 still own it tho and wish the sim cards were the same size still to.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

teckn9ne23

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site

I ordered both from tmobile and tried both out for a couple days each. I picked the s6 over the s6e because it just felt better in my hand. I can tell you for sure that the s6 screen was brighter then the s6e both phones had the brightness turned all the way up with the auto box unchecked and the s6 was much brighter then the s6e. I'm not sure why but it was easy to see the difference. I love my s6 64gb so far just wish I could turn the led off while charging lol not sure why they took that away.
In sounds and notification dow at the bottom there is led indicater that turn led light off for charging

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Looks like this is the buggiest launch in Samsung history. Scrolling problems. Battery drain. High cell stand by and many others.
Samsung spent all its effort on being pretty this time like the iPhone, finally admitting that Apple was right, but obviously producing a very poor product. Other than the LG G3 launch, I can't recall a more bug/complaint filled forum at the launch of a high end device.
Apple certainly has nothing to worry about with this Samsung effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance