S6 Photo Lens/Protective Plastic sticker?

locorabbit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I received my S6 last night and besides a hard time getting it activated (Sprint was not on the ball last night but got it activated after 2 hours on the phone with them) I am very happy with it so far.
I noticed on the camera lens, I have a few bubble like there is a protective sticker or piece of plastic over it. Is this something that is supposed to be removed and if so, how?
If not, I wonder if I need to take it to a Sprint store to see about those bubbles as they are going to cause issues with pictures.
thank you!
Brian

unashamedgeek

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
There is a film on the glass part around the actual lens of my phone. It looks like a protective sticker, but I can't take it off. However, where the lens is, there is no sticker, looking closely shows there is a cut out for the lens. It hasn't affected my pictures and it shouldn't sense the lens isn't being covered.

locorabbit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. I looked closely after reading your post and I see that the lens isn't covered now too. Hopefully an bubbles in the sticker shouldn't affect the photos then.
Thank you!

Gothamoddisee

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if leaving the sticker on negatively affects camera performance if there is no bubble over the lens? I kind of like having the extra bit of protection since I'm running my device naked, without a case.

Posted via the Android Central App

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know if leaving the sticker on negatively affects camera performance if there is no bubble over the lens? I kind of like having the extra bit of protection since I'm running my device naked, without a case.

Posted via the Android Central App

Doesn't matter, it won't mess up your pictures.

Onehandband1t

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Wow, I don't even know how you saw that. I got both films off my phone, but I did have to ask a woman at work to do it for me. Her fingernails were better at removing them.

Yeah I took both off to, but now i'm not sure if one is on the fingerprint sensor. When I use my nail I can feel a raised bit that feels like another sticker :/

Nine54

May 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I took both off to, but now i'm not sure if one is on the fingerprint sensor. When I use my nail I can feel a raised bit that feels like another sticker :/

There is. Tougher to see than the one on the camera lens. To peel it off, I recommend starting at the bottom-right corner and peeling diagonally up towards the top-left corner.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

Just put clear tape above both the lens and fingerprint sensor, rub them a little over the film and then peel them off, it will get the film easily, if not, just try it again.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I leave mine on as long as possible. It might protect my camera lens from a scratch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Halofury

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I have an issue, removed film... But pics blur on the edges of video or pictures as if it's out of focus... Although the center is focused on.... Anyone see this too?

Posted via the Android Central App from the G6

Ivan Bole

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
You are a genius.
First, I stopped thinking the lens were covered with a cheap plastic.
Second, I was able to remove both plastics with your exact method.
Took me about 15 secondos.
:)
Thanx:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463