Getting Gmail to work with Exchange accounts?

chram893

May 2, 2012
Visit site
My girlfriend recently got her GS6 and has been having trouble adding and setting up her school email accounts with the Gmail app. We downloaded the Exchange Services apk for Gmail that adds Exchange accounts; however, after she inputs her school's email information, she gets prompted with error messages such as "cannot connect to server" and "incorrect username or password", even though she typed everything correctly. I was able to add my school's email just fine since we sign in using exchange.[school].edu for our server. Her school's email uses Webmail. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there an easy fix to this issue? We would greatly appreciate the assistance! Thank you!

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Most schools exchange servers also support imap, check the settings of her email account to see if hers does.

chram893

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply! She follows the instructions on her school's website that would allow her to add her email accounts. We will try the imap option, though, to see if that works.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't use Gmail myself, so not entirely sure about the problem.

You can post some screen shot showing servers and ports she used.

Black out the school name in her email address as privacy precaution if you do have screen shot to upload.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I don't use Gmail myself, so not entirely sure about the problem.

You can post some screen shot showing servers and ports she used.

Black out the school name in her email address as privacy precaution if you do have screen shot to upload.

Which email app do you use?

It really frustrates me that I can't disable the gmail account I use to log in to the phone from gmail. So I get lots of spam in my overall inbox

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez