No Kies or way to transfer contacts/calendar from Outlook?

lylone

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Well, got my S6 yesterday and it seems that samsung has discontinued Kies for S6. Has anyone else found a way to transfer contacts and calendar from a PC Outlook 2010? This is not an exchange or outlook.com account. Just looking to transfer contacts and calendar from Outlook directly. Samsung suggests using Smart Switch, but that is one time deal and when contacts/calendar is coming from another cell phone. There used to be all kinds of Sync programs, but they seem to be useless also. Has someone found another solution?

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, stop using Outlook and switch to an outlook.com account. Do your one-time-transfer to that or to GMail, and get your stuff in the cloud where it belongs. No one really does cable-syncing anymore.

Clcto

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
CompanionLink still handles direct sync from Outlook 2010 standalone to Galaxy S6. Works great with S6. If you use their DejaOffice you'll get your Outlook Categories with colors, Tasks, Notes, and Journal if you want those.

A lot of people use USB sync and Wi-Fi sync. For one, it avoids paying Microsoft a monthly fee. For two, it avoids having your customer list stored on Microsoft servers. CompanionLink is a one-time purchase. Check out their site, for a $10 off coupon. It's on the top of one of the pages.

lylone

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Don't be a hater. Maybe I don't want my contacts and calendar out on a cloud somewhere. And who said anything about cable syncing? Kies would do wifi!

And this is not for an outlook.com account. It's for pop accounts I have connected on Outlook.

Thanks for the tip on Companion link and Android-sync.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't be a hater. Maybe I don't want my contacts and calendar out on a cloud somewhere.

Then you're very seriously looking at the wrong platforms. That isn't hate, it's simple reality. These platforms are cloud dependent and everything ends up there, syncing over a cable really doesn't make you safe.

Now if I said to put away your tinfoil hat, THAT would be hate.

Sent from my Sony Xperia Z3 using Tapatalk.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Well, got my S6 yesterday and it seems that samsung has discontinued Kies for S6. Has anyone else found a way to transfer contacts and calendar from a PC Outlook 2010? This is not an exchange or outlook.com account. Just looking to transfer contacts and calendar from Outlook directly. Samsung suggests using Smart Switch, but that is one time deal and when contacts/calendar is coming from another cell phone. There used to be all kinds of Sync programs, but they seem to be useless also. Has someone found another solution?

Why are you not using smart switch from Samsung for PC this will also read your old Kies files and outlook etc directly and perform all the back-up stuff and more and faster than Kies

I was impressed with smart switch as it even copied my S5 SD card over and created a SD directory on my S6 plus other settings etc so I did not have to bother with my backed up S5 Kies file. Smartswitch on the PC seems a lot faster and easier to use IMO

I used both versions ie phone and PC to transfer from my S5 to S6 then to back-up my S6 to PC etc

Smart Switch is already preloaded on the S6 I had to appstore it to my S5 (you are prompted to do this on the S6 start up menu). I then downloaded it from Samsung to my PC to check firmware etc

Last edited:

ntvtxn

Jun 25, 2014
Visit site
Another option to try is AkrutoSync. It's cheaper than CompanionLink and doesn't store info in the cloud (if that's something you want to avoid). It'll syncs Outlook with your S6's contacts and calendar apps.

PolliRuth

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Smart Switch not only helps you migrate to a new phone, but it takes over the job Kies did. I am syncing my S5 now with my Outlook 2010 using Smart Switch, and it's both faster and more smooth each time.

Terry Ware

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
I tried AkrutoSync and didn't like the lack of control over Sync preferences (i.e. Outlook overwrite phone) AND when I made changes to a Outlook contact the changes would not appear on Galaxy S6 after several syncs. I also had double calendars (but that might not have been the fault of this program.)

Terry Ware

Oct 12, 2015
Visit site
My repeated attempts to install Android-Sync have failed because phone is not recognized by PC (yes, I tried all of the developer tool tricks). I have written numerous times to Android-Sync support but no response.

jonsefun

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
I just transferred my outlook contacts to my new Samsung Galaxy S7 (I had been using a Galaxy S5 and syncing contacts through Kies).

This post was extremely helpful. Thank you very much.

Using Smartswitch to sync outlook contacts to Galaxy S7 was super-fast, smooth and easy. Much appreciated.