Can I change the led color on the Samsung S6?

A

AC Question

can I change the led color on the samsung s6?

I know on other phones you can change the notification led light. Im wondering if you can do it for the samsung 6.

Daspoo

May 27, 2013
Visit site
Re: can I change the led color on the samsung s6?

I'm bringing this one out of retirement. It's my understanding that you can use Light Flow or an app similar to it to manage the LED colors being used for various notifications on the S6. I haven't tried personally, so I'm not sure of the results; although I will say that the WhatsApp app gives you the ability to set which color appears for single and group msgs within it. Some of the colors don't look "exactly" as expected (e.g., "Yellow" appears to be a really faint, lighter green color for the LED).

Had anyone else tried controlling/modifying certain LED notification colors?

-# Cheers! #-

Solitude1984

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

I'm bringing this one out of retirement. It's my understanding that you can use Light Flow or an app similar to it to manage the LED colors being used for various notifications on the S6. I haven't tried personally, so I'm not sure of the results; although I will say that the WhatsApp app gives you the ability to set which color appears for single and group msgs within it. Some of the colors don't look "exactly" as expected (e.g., "Yellow" appears to be a really faint, lighter green color for the LED).

Had anyone else tried controlling/modifying certain LED notification colors?

-# Cheers! #-
As you said, you can do it through an app in the app store or through a specific app. My email app, sms app, and messaging app all allow it. I decided to stick with the settings in individual apps rather than using a dedicated app. The dedicated apps have mixed reviews.

xaml

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
The only problem is that there is an additional application present consuming resources. Settings such as the ability to configure the light indicator, as well as to configure the touch key light, were present before but unfortunately were removed.

danx55

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

hi guys.
can't believe there isn't a system setting for changing the colors 😢 I've used light flow on my old m8 and it was great...but that was rooted...haven't got it to work in my new s6
cheers

lucianus_luciferus

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Apps usually have that in their own settings. If an app does not have the option then it is up to the developer to add it.

Jlcookson56

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site

I know on other phones you can change the notification led light. Im wondering if you can do it for the samsung 6.
You can change the LED color for texts only as far as I know in the Message+ app if you go to the upper right hand corner menu and go to Customize. But I have an S7 so I don't know if it's the same for an S6.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae