Scrolling seem weird?

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
For some reason when scrolling it stops as soon as I let off unless I do a real hard flick, then it goes too far, its real inconsistent, anyone else notice this? My nexus 6 is always smooth and easy to sling the page up a bit

Techno-guy

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Yes...I describe it as poor momentum. It improved some after a factory reset for me but is still far inferior to my iPhone 6 Plus.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't have mine yet, but def noticed this on all(5)store demo's I tried out. Hope it's going to be easy to get used to.

Byron Hinson1

Nov 12, 2014
Visit site
Same issue and the first thing I noticed when using the phone. Seems strange no reviews picked up on it. Very poor compared to Nexus 6 or any iPhone.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm getting weird performance issues. Scrolling is one. Like it'll scroll, then stutter, then continue scrolling.

Also I'm noticing lag and stutter on the device here and there. I'm not sure if I'm on the latest software or not, but it's pretty jarring. Side by side with my One M8, the One M8 is faster...

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Same issue and the first thing I noticed when using the phone. Seems strange no reviews picked up on it. Very poor compared to Nexus 6 or any iPhone.

I was thing the same thing. Of all the reviews I've read, I didn't see any mention of this, and you'd think the reviewers would have caught something so obvious with the UI. I'm planning to do a factory reset (wiping the cache too) and see if that helps.

independentvolume

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
A friend got his last night and was complaining about this. He was hoping it was because of updating in the background. He was planning on exchanging it if it didn't. Looks like you can make a Samsung pretty but it's still a Samsung deep down.

Crimeny Cripes I got dat der G3 and 6 plus hey

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I really noticed it with power saving mode on but it's almost non existent once I turn power saving mode off.

I don't have power saving mode on, yet I still see the lag. I'm not sure if this is a defect in my phone, or a Samsung software issue. Really annoying....

cohoman

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I rebooted into recovery mode and cleared the cache and did a factory reset. Then, I had Google restore all my apps. Now, the Screen flicking lag seems to have gone away (or at least has been minimized). I'll have to keep checking, but I hope this issue has been fixed with the factory reset.

tazman69

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I rebooted into recovery mode and cleared the cache and did a factory reset. Then, I had Google restore all my apps. Now, the Screen flicking lag seems to have gone away (or at least has been minimized). I'll have to keep checking, but I hope this issue has been fixed with the factory reset.

Glad you were able to minimize the issue. I did do a clear cache the other day so that might have helped but I have not done a factory reset.

Bpschoon81

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
I have it too. And coming from the iPhone its certainly jarring. In fact, its worse than any android phone I have ever had. Even my N5 and OG Moto X were way smoother.

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Yep, scrolling is odd/off. It's not that it's necessarily laggy or juttery, it's just that the force of the swipe doesn't seem to equate to the amount of scroll and the scrolling stops way sooner than you would think. It seems like the weighting on the scroll is off.

YCSMD

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
****. This will be a deal breaker if so and is exactly what kept me off of Android previously.

I'm going to check it out at the store. Not sure what I will be getting if it ends up being bad.