Houston, We Have Major Awesomeness!!!!!!!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Finally, got my 64 GB AT&T black sapphire GS6. Day ran long. Just getting home and trying to get apps downloaded and device configured the way I want. Device looks and feels premo solid and ultralight. The display is unbelievable. The device is lightning fast and smooth. 54 GB useable space after leaving Best Buy. Best Buy is running a promo on resale of the GS4. Got more than originally quoted two weeks ago. Left paying $90 for a $330 device. In addition to the wireless charging pad, got a free Samsung black bag. It's getting late so I will have to report tomorrow. There were three benches in the mobile area and it was two and three deep of folks getting the GS6.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Still tweaking device settings. Went through the App Drawer remove the folders so that disabling unused apps. Disabled all apps that no longer being used,bloat and all. Currently, arranging icons on homescreens. Went through Galaxy Essentials in Samsung store and downloaded only what I use. This device is lightning fast downloading apps that I also did one at a time to download only the ones that I use. It got warm barely enough that I even noticed it and I downloaded a lot of apps last night. The battery is so quick. I will try and take a look later but it seems that it charges faster than the times in various reviews.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Bluetooth connectivity so far is fine. One of the first things that I did in the Best Buy parking lot was to pair my vehicle and GS6. Haven't tried it with movies to test functionality.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
No carousel effect on homescreens.
Stand By fade to black transition is cool.
Two hours off charger 98% battery.
Default email app thread display is much cleaner. Trash needs Delete All feature.
AT&T Usage. Manager seems similar to Smart. Manager
App drawer A-Z feature is nice.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Auto brightness is a bit dull indoors. Like having the toggle to turn it off.
Is it me or does it seem that you can have more than 7 home screens?
Like the option to change the icon grid layout from 4 x 4 to 4 x 5 to 5 x 5.
Widgets seem cleaned up and less cartoonish.
Like how quickly it boots up and then also restarts. Man, this device is fast.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
For those who have to file US tax returns and are extreme procrastinators, Samsung, please change your release date to another weekend in April, preferably after the tax filing deadline so that I can really sit down and enjoy my device more upon release day.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Attached is a screen shot.

Posted via My Samsung Galaxy S6 Handheld Device

Attachments

• 53.jpg
    53.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 308

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
For those who have to file US tax returns and are extreme procrastinators, Samsung, please change your release date to another weekend in April, preferably after the tax filing deadline so that I can really sit down and enjoy my device more upon release day.

Not an extreme procrastinator but usually wait for this of week of April 15th to send my check in...thanks for bringing up that sore subject...lol!

Does the S6 have the turbo download feature where it uses wifi and cellular to download super quick? Also how is the wifi on 5GHz AC networks. My Nexus 6 is a bit finicky on 5GHz.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Not an extreme procrastinator but usually wait for this of week of April 15th to send my check in...thanks for bringing up that sore subject...lol!

Does the S6 have the turbo download feature where it uses wifi and cellular to download super quick? Also how is the wifi on 5GHz AC networks. My Nexus 6 is a bit finicky on 5GHz.

I would have done them last weekend but we were in Plano, Allen, Frisco and Carrollton last weekend to visit relatives.

On AT&T, I believe that download booster has been disabled and not included on their devices. However, downloads are pretty fast across my home network . It took very little time to download all the apps from my GS4 that I wanted to have on my GS6. I am actually making a second pass uninstall more apps and games. We are talking dozens of apps and the device got warm but only to the point that if you were even remotely paying attention as it was barely noticeable.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I would have done them last weekend but we were in Plano, Allen, Frisco and Carrollton last weekend to visit relatives.

On AT&T, I believe that download booster has been disabled and not included on their devices. However, downloads are pretty fast across my home network . It took very little time to download all the apps from my GS4 that I wanted to have on my GS6. I am actually making a second pass uninstall more apps and games. We are talking dozens of apps and the device got warm but only to the point that if you were even remotely paying attention as it was barely noticeable.

Nice! You were in my neck of the woods! We live in West Plano off the Tollway. We are still getting above average rain which is good for our lakes! No one here complains when it rains!

Did you have the S6 then? I'm sure the signal was top notch as it is with ATT in this area.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
Nice! You were in my neck of the woods! We live in West Plano off the Tollway. We are still getting above average rain which is good for our lakes! No one here complains when it rains!

Did you have the S6 then? I'm sure the signal was top notch as it is with ATT in this area.

Yup. I have the 64GB black sapphire GS6. For the price of the 32GB Edge, I got more storage in essence paying $100 for 32GB. It is lightning fast from booting up to restarting to overall use. It is smooth as butter with no detectable lag. Battery life sounds like you can get up to 21 hours total, SOT has been reported at 5-6 hours on AT&T.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
For those AT&T GS6 owners who preordered through Best Buy, you may or may not have encountered this visual voicemail issue. Apparently, somewhere in the process even though my line was provisioned for VV, when I went to set it up, the VV system wouldn't let me. I got switched somehow to basic voicemail. Once we corrected the issue, everything is fine.