Galaxy 6 won't download apps from google play store

qiqs2305

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I just got my phone yesterday. I tried to download apps from the play store, and it just keeps saying it's downloading. But it never starts. I've tried just doing one at a time, and it still doesn't work. Please help!

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I noticed this as well and my WiFi was connected as well as my mobile network. The solution was to turn off Download Booster. It seems to make the apps hang on download. Once I turned it off, it was working again. I have the Verizon version.

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Download booster? Not familiar with this(first Samsung). Is this something to have enabled all the time or not? I don't care for extras that could cause issues.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Had the same problem, discovered a specific app was hanging to download in the queue...cancelled the download and it took off, restarted device after and that app was download able.

Posted via S6

cnateb

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Had the same problem. Went to play store in application manager and did force stop, clear cache, and clear data. Then restarted phone and it works fine.

When I got the phone, it asked if I wanted to sync apps, and I selected a few and said yes. I think one was hanging and preventing others from downloading properly. Doing this should empty the queue and let you start over with downloads.

PattyJV

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I've tried checking download booster and it's already off, I've restarted it, tried everything everyone has said and mine still won't work also. I'm headed to the store this morning. This is annoying for a new phone to have these issues.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I've tried checking download booster and it's already off, I've restarted it, tried everything everyone has said and mine still won't work also. I'm headed to the store this morning. This is annoying for a new phone to have these issues.

Some apps are country specific other apps may be blocked by your ISP if one of these is 1st in the line it may stop others

Lucas Dikkers

May 4, 2015
Visit site
I found a solution!! after 2 hours of trying, I decided to 'undo' the update to Google's ap 'Play Store' - which controls the set-up of other aps. Also, I had linked other accounts to Google Play - and this also might have blocked. I hope this helps!

bobanova3212

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Almost returned my phone right after getting it. Mine was stuck on some app not installing. Open Google Play Store, click on the menu (3 dashes) on top left, then go to "My apps", and see what's being downloaded or installed.

I had to Stop all "Google Play" related processes in the 'running' apps section. In addition, I did the Stop after choosing "show cached processes" from top right. Then I went back to the "My apps" section and saw the stuck installation disappear.

Good luck.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams