Anyone turn on advanced calling on Vzn?

shadow82x

Apr 4, 2015
Visit site
I've been casually testing between global/cdma+lite and honestly I don't notice any major differences in terms of battery life between them. In theory it seems like Global would use more eat up more battery though.

Turning on advanced calling however, seems to have a boost in battery performance.

Wonder if there is any reputable results on it.

titans30dude

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
What does global do though and why is it set there by default?

Posted via the Android Central App

If you travel abroad, you will have cell phone service as most countries use gsm technology. When it is set to global the phone can pick up cdma and gsm signals with cdma having priority (verizon network is mostly based on cdma).

In essence it allows people that arent tech savvy to get service wherever in the world without having to change settings manually

steelers1

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
If you travel abroad, you will have cell phone service as most countries use gsm technology. When it is set to global the phone can pick up cdma and gsm signals with cdma having priority (verizon network is mostly based on cdma).

In essence it allows people that arent tech savvy to get service wherever in the world without having to change settings manually

So if I'm not going to another country I should just set it to cdma/lte?

cbreze

May 30, 2011
Visit site
So if I'm not going to another country I should just set it to cdma/lte?

^Yes.
As for the advanced calling, I have had mine on since day one and do not notice any extra battery drain. My battery is very good and easily goes the day. The advanced calling feature seems to make most all calls sound much better as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante