Plastic over camera lens?

wrmoore47

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I saw someone mention removing plastic film from over the camera lens and the heart rate sensor. Is that the thing to do? I can't be sure that there is a plastic film there???

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I kept the camera one as it doesn't interfere with the photos. The heart sensor one I did remove cause I am not sure it will interfere with the scanning.

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I kept the camera one as it doesn't interfere with the photos. The heart sensor one I did remove cause I am not sure it will interfere with the scanning.

Thank you for the heads up about the one on the flash I never noticed that I also removed it. I always leave the camera ones on the Samsungs because of the glass lens cover that scratch so easily.

Posted via the Android Central App

onthecouchagain

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Leaving the camera plastic film doesn't interfere with picture taking? Really? That's amazing. It doesn't make pictures blurry or mess with color, lighting, etc.? Seriously asking.

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Samsung thought maybe there will be OCD people like me so they made a hole perfectly sized so we have a lens protector. :)

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
A lens protector with a hole in it sounds to me very much the same as no lens protector. :) 😮

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Samsung thought maybe there will be OCD people like me so they made a hole perfectly sized so we have a lens protector. :)

If they were thinking of OCD people like me, though, they would have used an application method that didn't lead to noticeable air bubbles underneath the material. That had to go! ;) hehe

epyonxero

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
If they were thinking of OCD people like me, though, they would have used an application method that didn't lead to noticeable air bubbles underneath the material. That had to go! ;) hehe

Its the same plastic film that all electronics companies put on the shinny parts of their products, its not meant to be permanent.

Mike McQuaid

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Plastic sticker on camera lens

Don't forget to remove the plastic cover from the flash as well, I went a week and a half before i realized it was there...

orangeman

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
PSA: Remove plastic protector over lens

I can't believe I've owned this phone for over one month taking hundreds of photos before I noticed that there is a little protective film over the lens. I've never had a phone with a lense protector (unless I've been missing it all these years), so I thought I would mention it to help others.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: PSA: Remove plastic protector over lens

I can't believe I've owned this phone for over one month taking hundreds of photos before I noticed that there is a little protective film over the lens. I've never had a phone with a lense protector (unless I've been missing it all these years), so I thought I would mention it to help others.

Yes and the flash has one too I've heard. As you have seen, it does not affect the picture quality. I am leaving my on... a poor mans skin for the camera lens!

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: PSA: Remove plastic protector over lens

Took the one off the flash but kept the one on the camera.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463