Moible Data Off While On Call

Ivan Tenorio

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
So i just got my new Verizon GS6 and was noticing that when making a phone call, my 4G is not on. 4G comes back on after a call. Why is this? Solutions? I am not used to this since my past android devices never did this.

Thanks guys.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you have advanced calling enabled? (basically VoLTE)

VoLTE is required for a call + data on Verizon for the S6.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You have to have it enabled in the settings and enable the feature through my Verizon app (or the website or you can call in) .

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

KnightZodiac

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Seeing this on my Verizon S6 also, and I do have Advanced Calling enabled. Saw the message before enabling Advance Calling and still see it afterward. Is Verizon even using VoLTE yet? I thought it hadn't been rolled out.

And like the other reports, this has never happened on any other Android phone I've used -Samsung Moment, S3, S5, or HTC Evo 4G. Always been able to talk and do web stuff freely at the same time even when people insist you can't on Sprint or Verizon. Never been a problem until now. Disappointing if this is how it's gonna be. This is not the only issue I am having with the S6 but still within my 14-day return period thankfully.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Seeing this on my Verizon S6 also, and I do have Advanced Calling enabled. Saw the message before enabling Advance Calling and still see it afterward. Is Verizon even using VoLTE yet? I thought it hadn't been rolled out.

And like the other reports, this has never happened on any other Android phone I've used -Samsung Moment, S3, S5, or HTC Evo 4G. Always been able to talk and do web stuff freely at the same time even when people insist you can't on Sprint or Verizon. Never been a problem until now. Disappointing if this is how it's gonna be. This is not the only issue I am having with the S6 but still within my 14-day return period thankfully.
Check to make sure that advanced calling is enabled in the phone settings and that advanced calling is on your account. You can call in to verify and troubleshoot. Because it works for me

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Ariane Simpson

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
I added the advanced calling 1.0 and my phone and my parents phones weren't able if get calls or make them! I called support and they had to turn it off! My mom's and my phones are the galaxy note 5 and my dads phone is the galaxy s5!
Its stupid that we don't have this feature with these phones but did with our galaxy s4!
Took me 4 hours to be able to get calls and make calls again. New phones should have the feature of using whatever while on a call!

Shadowfalx

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I added the advanced calling 1.0 and my phone and my parents phones weren't able if get calls or make them! I called support and they had to turn it off! My mom's and my phones are the galaxy note 5 and my dads phone is the galaxy s5!
Its stupid that we don't have this feature with these phones but did with our galaxy s4!
Took me 4 hours to be able to get calls and make calls again. New phones should have the feature of using whatever while on a call!
The 'feature' was removed as it negatively affects battery life. In addition once VoLTE (ie advanced calling) gets rolled out everywhere it would be redundant and would still cost battery life.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke