Why can't I control the volume using the headphones on my S6?

apple2samsungUser

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
cant control volume using the headphone on S6

I am a iphone 4S user bought the S6 for trying out the samsung for the heck of it

I cannot control the volume of the music on S6 using my Bose or Beats head phones . Is this normal with previos galaxy phones as well or a s/w bug ?

Another issue is the heating of the phone and the battery drain !!!

Hope I get some feedback

SharkyNY

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: cant control volume using the headphone on S6

You have to check whether or not the headphones' control is compatible with Android. If they have detachable cables then you might be able to buy replacement cables that are compatible with Android.

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

I've tried using, the Samsung headphones that come with the S6/S6E, and it does not control the volume or play/pause. Same for Bose, Beats, and LG headphones.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I've tried using, the Samsung headphones that come with the S6/S6E, and it does not control the volume or play/pause. Same for Bose, Beats, and LG headphones.
No do they control volume, the OEM headphones that comes with S6 controls volume, play, pause just fine. And all these function even work on my M9, N6 as well which I'm pretty happy. Earlier some used to work only with Samsung, some with HTC etc.. At least now if it works with one it's working with all other latest phones.

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

No do they control volume, the OEM headphones that comes with S6 controls volume, play, pause just fine. And all these function even work on my M9, N6 as well which I'm pretty happy. Earlier some used to work only with Samsung, some with HTC etc.. At least now if it works with one it's working with all other latest phones.
My apologies, I just tried them again and yes it does work now. Play/pause and volume up and down. I must not of had the Jack pushed in all the way.

I stand corrected! My apologies!

I also must have been thinking about next song and previous song.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

My apologies, I just tried them again and yes it does work now. Play/pause and volume up and down. I must not of had the Jack pushed in all the way.

I stand corrected! My apologies!

I also must have been thinking about next song and previous song.
No problem... For next song double click the play/pause button quickly.

joslu

Apr 20, 2016
Visit site

Hello guys

I'am facing the same problem, and the jack is checked!
(Bose and Samsung S5)
But pausing and jumping to next song is working

Any ideas?

danolson68

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
I just purchased Beats earbuds and the volume controls do NOT work with my Note 5. Interestingly enough, the middle button (mute/pause/music skip) DOES work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo