Samsung S6 Mail app, push notifications

I-G-M

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi there guys, just a quick question that's bothering me. When I go to the stock mail app settings the only time it allows me to search for email is every 15 minutes, I'm wondering if there is a way that I can get push email alerts as soon as they come in like I get on some of my other devices

Thanks

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
In the stock email app (i.e. not Gmail) go to More, Settings, tap the name of the account, Sync schedule, Set sync schedule, select Auto (when received).

Notifications, though are an entirely different thing than delivery. You can choose to be notified by sound, vibrate, notification bar icon, or none of those things.

I-G-M

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
The thing is it doesn't give me the auto option, it just gives me -

Manual
Every 15 mins
Every 30 mins
Every hour
Every 2 hours
Every 4 Hours
Once a day

is there a reason why I'm not getting the auto option?

Dogs OfWar

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
It might be that your email server either doesn't support it or when the account was added it didn't pick it up for some reason. I'd remove the account and re-add it.

I-G-M

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
I just tried my other hotmail account and it worked fine and let me auto sync, the thing is I have used this account that isn't working on my old iPhone and it auto synced fine, is there any reason for this not working now?

Coug

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I had to remove my exchange account and reinstall to get it to work. I did have the auto option, but it was not syncing. Also, when new emails did arrive I did not get a notification. Reinstalling took care of all of it.

davidwilling

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I too am having this ActiveSync issue. I have Gmail and my work email (through Exchange) running on the default mail app. Firstly I am not getting anything pushed, even though I have it set to automatically, and secondly, I am not receiving any notifications (sound or vibration) if anything does come through. I have uninstalled my Exchange email several times to see if this helps, but no success. :(

davidwilling

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE: I did the full factory reset and clear cache and have reinstalled everything and notifications and push all seem to working now. I guess my next question is, if I do the software update that my phone says it has, will I be back to square one; i.e. is the push issue caused by the update?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt