is this normal?

tazman69

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Mine does that and I don't consider it normal. All my other phones (iPhone, LG G3, etc) stay @ 100% for at least 2 hours if idle. So the S6 shouldn't drop that quickly. It is the one area I'm having an issue with on this phone.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Mine does that and I don't consider it normal. All my other phones (iPhone, LG G3, etc) stay @ 100% for at least 2 hours if idle. So the S6 shouldn't drop that quickly. It is the one area I'm having an issue with on this phone.

I did take some pics but prior to that it went to 99 from 100 doing nothing

Posted via the Android Central App

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

Note 3 does the same, I guess it's a Samsung thing. However, my note 3 losses like 3-4% when I restart it, my S6 does not do that. Smacks of software optimization to me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Last edited:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
It happens. No big deal,unless you have some other concerns.

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

tazman69

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
My concerns are the idle time on this phone are really bad compared to my past phones. SOT means very little to me as I am not a power user. Battery drop while idle is more important as I go on long bike rides and want to know my phone will have juice when/if I need it. My LG G3 can go HOURS without dropping below 95%. This phone drops 2-3% per hour when on wifi (and much worse when on LTE) which is ridiculous while idle. I can charge my iPhone and G3 to 100% and go to bed and wake up 6-7 hours later at 100% on both.

ballzac

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
My concerns are the idle time on this phone are really bad compared to my past phones. SOT means very little to me as I am not a power user. Battery drop while idle is more important as I go on long bike rides and want to know my phone will have juice when/if I need it. My LG G3 can go HOURS without dropping below 95%. This phone drops 2-3% per hour when on wifi (and much worse when on LTE) which is ridiculous while idle. I can charge my iPhone and G3 to 100% and go to bed and wake up 6-7 hours later at 100% on both.

Yea I was trying to find ways to save on idle time battery as well

tazman69

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Other than the horrible idle time on battery I really like the phone. I have disabled everything I don't need, cleared the cache, etc and it still is not doing the trick. I know it is not Lollipop as my G3 is on Lollipop and it does not have battery drain issues while idle. Maybe it is an optimization issue with Samsung's software. I still have time to try various tweaks and find a solution.

fantom305

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine does that and I don't consider it normal.
It should not be normal, unless with the S6 this is normal however, my advise is to go setting by setting unchecking every thing that it is a battery drainer, like GPS, Sync, time the display stays on, etc.