camera setting closes immediately after open

Tronald Dump

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Hey I found a fix. Check if your developer options are turned on. If they are turn them off and that will fix the problem. I had the same issue where I would click the settings icon and it would close immediately back to camera. So go to Settings/developer options/ turn off

Fatemehh

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Hey I found a fix. Check if your developer options are turned on. If they are turn them off and that will fix the problem. I had the same issue where I would click the settings icon and it would close immediately back to camera. So go to Settings/developer options/ turn off

Please help me . My galaxy s7 doesn't have developer options in setting page

Last edited by a moderator:

JoyPCS

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Thanks john Sy! I unclicked Developer Options-Don't Keep Activities, opened camera/settings to finally setup camera the way I wanted, then re-enabled Don't Keep Activities and camera kept the new settings.

Andrew Beyer

Dec 11, 2016
Visit site
I did a factory reset and it was good BUT! I did some tinkering with my phone as I've done with all my previous Samsung/android phones and turned the dev options on and turned on the setting that fully closes apps upon exit. Never had an issue with that. Well that's what caused it for me... so needless to say, the issue is fixed but I don't understand why it conflicted with the camera settings. I didn't have any issues with that on my note3 when lollipop got released. Who knows. New phone new problems. I'm just happy I got it fixed. Maybe this will help others with the issue.

Turned off developers options and now it works again. Thanks for the fix

anon(9246304)

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Thx sbritton334, this fixed my phone I was having the same issue with the camera settings closing as soon as opened, wish they would fix it so I can set my apps to close upon exit again....

Dave Stover

Oct 31, 2017
Visit site
I have a galaxy s6 edge plus on At&t. After reading this (having the same problem of course), I turned off the setting in Developer Options for Apps<close as soon as user leaves it. And it solved my problem. Did not reboot or anything. Hope this helps others. Thanks to all who posted.

lazypeach

Nov 6, 2017
Visit site
i did a factory reset and it was good but! I did some tinkering with my phone as i've done with all my previous samsung/android phones and turned the dev options on and turned on the setting that fully closes apps upon exit. never had an issue with that. Well that's what caused it for me... So needless to say, the issue is fixed but i don't understand why it conflicted with the camera settings. I didn't have any issues with that on my note3 when lollipop got released. Who knows. New phone new problems. I'm just happy i got it fixed. Maybe this will help others with the issue.

what's in bold made it work

jc35131

Dec 8, 2017
Visit site
Yup, worked for my Note 8...thx!

I did a factory reset and it was good BUT! I did some tinkering with my phone as I've done with all my previous Samsung/android phones and turned the dev options on and turned on the setting that fully closes apps upon exit. Never had an issue with that. Well that's what caused it for me... so needless to say, the issue is fixed but I don't understand why it conflicted with the camera settings. I didn't have any issues with that on my note3 when lollipop got released. Who knows. New phone new problems. I'm just happy I got it fixed. Maybe this will help others with the issue.

Landfillerdan

Mar 10, 2018
Visit site
Had same issue with camera settings opening and just closing right back up. You don't need to completely disable developers setting, just the KEEP ALIVE AFTER LEAVING one needs shut off. Turn it back to not shutting down apps immediately upon leaving. Thanx, thought maybe it was time to give up my S7 Active and upgrade, but nope... Thanx community. Job well done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12