camera setting closes immediately after open

sbritton334

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Anyone else having problems with camera settings closing right after it opens? I've tried clearing data/cache. rather annoying since I can't change and of the image and video settings.

Thaisons_Corner

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue with the camera setting. I would click the setting icon and the setting would come up and immediately close. I spent some time with Verizon Technical support and they were unable to resolve this issue. Has anyone found a resolution for this?

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same issue with the camera setting. I would click the setting icon and the setting would come up and immediately close. I spent some time with Verizon Technical support and they were unable to resolve this issue. Has anyone found a resolution for this?

I'm not having this issue with AT&T. Can you describe just what you and Verizon tried to do to fix it so we don't tell you to do the same things?

Posted via the Android Central App

Thaisons_Corner

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Verizon took me through these steps:

Troubleshoot 1.
1. Settings>Applications>Application Manager>All>Camera {{Clear Cache>Clear Data>Force Stop}}
2. Reopened the camera application, clicked on the camera setting {{Cog Wheel Icon}}. The setting window popped up, but withing milliseconds it closed out.

Troubleshoot 2.
1. Restart Device
2. Try Step 2 again in Troubleshoot 1. Same issues.

Troubleshoot 3.
1. Reset Settings
2. Try Step 2 again in Troubleshoot 1. Same issues.

Verizon's solution - They are sending me a new phone. The device I have could possibly be defective.

sbritton334

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I did a factory reset and it was good BUT! I did some tinkering with my phone as I've done with all my previous Samsung/android phones and turned the dev options on and turned on the setting that fully closes apps upon exit. Never had an issue with that. Well that's what caused it for me... so needless to say, the issue is fixed but I don't understand why it conflicted with the camera settings. I didn't have any issues with that on my note3 when lollipop got released. Who knows. New phone new problems. I'm just happy I got it fixed. Maybe this will help others with the issue.

brodieb

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
I did a factory reset and it was good BUT! I did some tinkering with my phone as I've done with all my previous Samsung/android phones and turned the dev options on and turned on the setting that fully closes apps upon exit. Never had an issue with that. Well that's what caused it for me... so needless to say, the issue is fixed but I don't understand why it conflicted with the camera settings. I didn't have any issues with that on my note3 when lollipop got released. Who knows. New phone new problems. I'm just happy I got it fixed. Maybe this will help others with the issue.

You certainly helped me with this issue - THANK YOU!

RobertMB

Apr 23, 2016
Visit site
I had this similar issue with my S7 camera also and did the following to resolve it: (procedures similar to a previous comment from (Originally Posted by sbritton334). Like the previous comment - the camera setting worked fine.

Panayiotis Gavriel

Jun 17, 2016
Visit site

Thanks mate I always do that, but I didn't think it could cause this. Thanks again! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs