Wrap around the home screen?

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have gotten used to it but I would prefer to have it back.

This and the dark filter over custom lock screen wallpaper are my 2 big gripes.

You're the second person I've seen mention a "dark filter" and I just can't figure out what you're talking about.

Posted via the Android Central App

NYRSteve

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
You're the second person I've seen mention a "dark filter" and I just can't figure out what you're talking about.

Using any lock screen wallpaper, other than Samsung default images, will cause a dark filter over the lock screen on my Verizon S6.

PsychDoc

May 28, 2011
Visit site
Using any lock screen wallpaper, other than Samsung default images, will cause a dark filter over the lock screen on my Verizon S6.

OK guys, here's the fix.

Go into security settings, disable fingerprint, set unlock security simply to swipe then enable water droplets (or whatever it's called) in unlock effects. Now go back and re-enable fingerprint security. The dark filter over your lockscreen wallpaper will be gone.

Weird software glitch that Samsung designed into the phone but this will take care of it.

musmith

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm currently using the stock launcher on my S6 and noticed I can't go further than the end screens. What I mean is like when I'm on the far right screen and swipe it to go another screen to the right it should wrap around and go to the far left screen. Anyone have a idea?

Thanks guys and gals!

musmith

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I phoned Samsung and lodged a complaint about this issue which is the techncally referred to as "transition effect" 3D rotation. I will return phone based solely on this aspect. If I have 6 pages I would have to flip 11 time to get back to starting page if go to 6th page. Anyways phone in and complain. I'm going to Apple if thats the casein like to be in control and Samsung is taking it away so I may as well use apple. Samsung +1 800-726-7864

coldfilter

Sep 28, 2015
Visit site
I phoned Samsung and lodged a complaint about this issue which is the techncally referred to as "transition effect" 3D rotation. I will return phone based solely on this aspect. If I have 6 pages I would have to flip 11 time to get back to starting page if go to 6th page. Anyways phone in and complain. I'm going to Apple if thats the casein like to be in control and Samsung is taking it away so I may as well use apple. Samsung +1 800-726-7864

Just use the dots at the bottom of the screen

Hurrycanejohn

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
If you simply touch the first dot on the row of dots along the bottom of your screen (the ones indicating the number of screens you are using), it automatically takes you to the home screen. You can do this for any screen

No need to flip thru 11 screens or any screens for that matter. 😃

Steve Swift

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
My S4 phone has a home page which shows three dots on either side of the home icon. It wraps around at the end of the dots, and if your aim is true you can tap any of the dots to go to the relevant page. This is good.

My Tab S2 has just one dot on either side, doesn't wrap and tapping either of the dots just takes me to the home page. i.e. there is no quick route between left dot and right dot. This is called progress.

Perhaps that's why they called the newer device an S2, and the older device an S4?

Last edited:

George Alvin

Oct 17, 2016
Visit site
I'm currently using the stock launcher on my S6 and noticed I can't go further than the end screens. What I mean is like when I'm on the far right screen and swipe it to go another screen to the right it should wrap around and go to the far left screen. Anyone have a idea?

Thanks guys and gals!

I had this issue come up where I suddenly couldn't use the carousel function on the SNote4. I had to remove the "brief" page/widget that appeared when I held down till edit mode was activated for my main screen pages. It was the last page to the left for me.