Location Settings... Which saves more battery?

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I'm very sure the second one saves more battery, that's what I've got set. On my nexus 5 the first was labelled high accuracy, while the second was called battery saving mode. Weird how they aren't labelled the same on nexus and Samsung.

Posted via S6

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I remember it was called that too and kinda wish it still was. I'm gonna take your word and leave that on for a day or 2 and see if ti makes a difference

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I wish there was a setting so you could do the most power efficient setting for things like Weather where an exact location isn't needed and you could only use the GPS when exact location is needed like for Navigation. Anybody know of a way of doing this?

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I wish there was a way to do that. I haven't found one though. I was disappointed that weather needed GPS on. I just set a location so I could keep mine on power saving.

sjaduae

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I wish there was a setting so you could do the most power efficient setting for things like Weather where an exact location isn't needed and you could only use the GPS when exact location is needed like for Navigation. Anybody know of a way of doing this?

You do not need GPS on for the weather just WiFi/Mobile, when I run Navionics I have to switch GPS on

On some weather widgets you can manually type the location and only need WiFi for updates on weather

leeborden1

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
I'd love to have location setting completely off. But when I do that, I get a notification every few minutes telling me to turn it on! Very annoying. Not sure why it's doing it. Must be some app asking for the location, but I can't figure out which one. Ideas?

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
The only reasons I need location services are for weather and navigation. I can live without the weather and turn in location for navigation as needed. Right now, with location services off, my battery is 100% better, on par with my S5. Hopefully, 5.1 will fix whatever is killing the battery with location services. I had the same issues when I first got the S5.

player22

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
You can set the weather to one location like your home town and have it updated every hour or two or three without having the GPS on at all. The only draw back is it will only update it for that one location. That's how I have mine so I can have GPS off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Jaycemiskel

Trusted Member
Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
You can set the weather to one location like your home town and have it updated every hour or two or three without having the GPS on at all. The only draw back is it will only update it for that one location. That's how I have mine so I can have GPS off.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
This! That's what I've done.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173